Caravan Park trees

Transplanted

57 minutes ago, Transplanted said:

I have been asked to quote for tree removal and pruning work at a caravan park. ( not 365 days residential )  The work will amount to a lot more than 5 M cube per 1/4.  Do I need a felling licence for this work, or not?

Transplanted

Pruning is exempted but felling trees other than thinning small trees requires a felling licence AFAICS.

Also as the park itself is non domestic any use of red diesel for the work is interesting.

I wonder if a management agreement with FC might be the way to go

Isn't that a bit of a grey area tho, best speaking to the local tree guy at the council.

As officially it's not a full time caravan park, so its not officially residential, commercial or public open space. You can argue the pros and cons of every definition but best asking the council as ultimately you're the one that'll get the ear ache, preferably in writing too.

4 hours ago, Transplanted said:

I have been asked to quote for tree removal and pruning work at a caravan park. ( not 365 days residential )  The work will amount to a lot more than 5 M cube per 1/4.  Do I need a felling licence for this work, or not?

Transplanted

I have just had to get a Felling Permission (scottish equivalemnt of a FL) for a caravan park. The Commission told me if I started without Permission they would prosecute me.

I don't see any possibility of the trees around a caravan park being either public open space or garden. In other words, no exemptions.

7 hours ago, GarethM said:

Isn't that a bit of a grey area tho, best speaking to the local tree guy at the council.

As officially it's not a full time caravan park, so its not officially residential, commercial or public open space. You can argue the pros and cons of every definition but best asking the council as ultimately you're the one that'll get the ear ache, preferably in writing too.

You’d waste your own, and their, time talking to the ‘council.’

FC and LA are very distinct and separate examples of bureaucracy that exist very much in their own isolated stovepipes with very little communication between the 2. 

Even if there was effective communication, all the ‘council’ would tell you to do is liaise with the FC. 

19 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

You’d waste your own, and their, time talking to the ‘council.’

FC and LA are very distinct and separate examples of bureaucracy that exist very much in their own isolated stovepipes with very little communication between the 2. 

Even if there was effective communication, all the ‘council’ would tell you to do is liaise with the FC. 

That's like the eye test poster in a doctors surgery

I'd check with your local council as they may have TPOs, or be in a conservation area or be the subject of a planning condition relative to the site. You would also need to talk to the FC ref a felling licence if over 5 cubic metres in a quarter as others have said. Get it wrong and it could work out very expensive.