Oyo splitting axe 🪓

NightShadow

Norway is an expensive round trip to buy an axe - I'd go for what I can get locally and save myself about £1000.

For quality, you get rubbish and after that a lot of the quality is not the tool but the user, bet I could split as much with my Fiskars from the local store as I could with the best from Oyo (ignoring the tourist grades or whatever).

22 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

I believe Øyo is a relatively cheap and massed produced brand you find in such stores as XXL in Norway. I have their Viking Axe as I like the look of it and its supposedly a reproduction of one found in a Burial Mound but the workmanship is trash. 

WWW.XXL.NO

Les mer om Viking 2000 øks. Trygg handel med prisgaranti og 100 dagers åpent kjøp

As others have mentioned get a Gransfors Bruk, far better quality and can be found in the UK. Or if asthetics in not your main concern then get a Fiskars. 

I really like the look of that.

The quality wouldn’t bother me, I wouldn’t be killing any Northumbrian monks with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

I really like the look of that.

The quality wouldn’t bother me, I wouldn’t be killing any Northumbrian monks with it.

It’s a nice toy. I never bought it to use it really. I actually made a copy of the handle out of Ash, polished the head and mounted it on that. 

• Like 1

On 30/11/2022 at 09:03, Mike Hill said:

Yes its loverly up there. Just before the snow comes its gorgeous.

Here is a picture from Røldal during hunting season, late august but pretty chilly.

IMG-20220817-WA0005.jpeg

Beautiful! I've only been in winter/spring, would love to get over when there is less snow too. Or ideally just move!!