Charlotte Linch

eggsarascal

8 hours ago, GarethM said:

I still smell bs, just because you and your twatter followers have deluged the police and everyone else into capitulation.

What's the phrase, never let the truth spoil a good story.

Can you see where your argument falls down, I’ve never used twatter?

he was right when he called you a Cnut.

My god man, are you still having a tantrum throwing your metaphorical toys out of the pram because people disagree?.

Do you spend your days, avoiding what little common sense whichever deity you want to pick gave you.

As of course everyone with a differing opinion to you is so obviously wrong, there are ostriches buried head first that are more open minded than you!.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GarethM said:

My god man, are you still having a tantrum throwing your metaphorical toys out of the pram because people disagree?.

Do you spend your days, avoiding what little common sense whichever deity you want to pick gave you.

As of course everyone with a differing opinion to you is so obviously wrong, there are ostriches buried head first that are more open minded than you!.

One of life’s comedies.

12 hours ago, dan blocker said:

The police and the Uk laws are also protecting these people because I’m sure there’s a few people in the traffic that would like to hang these protestors from said gantries🤔

A few people in the traffic? The vast majority more like! 

Obstructing the motorway like this should get them 6 months in an 'oil free' prison- no heat, no oil/gas cookers, no plastic tooth brushes, no man made clothes etc, that might sort out how committed they are.

This is if they survive the water cannon induced fall from a gantry of course...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Retired Climber said:

Not everyone shits themselves every time they see the news. Try calmng down a bit. Not everything is a massive story that you need to worry your pretty little head about. You only posted a few hours ago, and then panic as soon as you realise that nobody else seems to have their knickers in a twist over it. 

You’re bang out of order mush!

His head is neither small nor pretty - more like an over ripe melon. that fell off the bench. 

Personally, I have found the story quite fascinating. 

The journo has a history of being right on the spot just before an active protest like this. 

She’s done it before and come in for criticism by association. 

What I find interests that whilst she has obviously cultivated an inside contact with advance awareness, it is not her legal (moral might be different) duty to report (to the police) an advance notice of public unrest. 

Being ‘on the spot’ is career enhancing- as is the unlawful arrest and detainment. 

I say unlawful arrest because it was. As was the use of hand cuffs and as was the detention and I suspect the rozzers are going to be paying out a whopping compo claim. 

Forgot the protest, forget the motorway, for the impending end of civilisation as we know it - the subject under discussion is lawful / unlawful arrest of a citizen going about their lawful business. 

Arrest needs to be justified to prevent the commission of an offence or to preserve evidence and facilitate an effective investigation- she was just standing in a public place - no offence. Use of hand cuffs must be objectively justified by such elements as compliance, number of suspects / police, gender, size, temperament, behaviour etc- she was an entirely compliant female vastly outnumbered by TSG Rozzers. Even the custody Sgt who should have called upon experience, training and established procedure completely failed to properly assess the situation. 

One of the problems we have - even as a law abiding citizen (great film) is that coppers tend to go straight to nuclear option and slap the cuffs on despite this being entirely contrary to policy statement. 

Anyway, she knew full well what was about to happen, put herself right in the thick of it so as to benefit her own career and ended up in the cooler. 

The old adage “careful what you wish for” springs to mind BUT the rozzers went well off the reservation and they are going to have to pay out big - well, the tax payer PCC precept will. 

She got her 5 mins of fame so there’s no sympathy there anyway. 

• Like 9

Seems police have carte blanche amongst the neo fascist as long as its "woke" swampy type  lefties they arrest and MSM jornos.

If is was right wing protest  - countryside alliance or some such protest etc might be some different opnions on it.

Edited by Stere
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

So a journalist who wasn’t on a gantry, but on a footbridge close by should be locked up for reporting the news. Well done!

Funny how she was on hand to report what was happening, as it happened? Did she have prior knowledge that it was going to take place, was she complicit in the activity(which was as it happens - unlawful !) did she incite them at all for the storey, is she one on them. Fortunately I have not been affected by these tossers - yet! Your unlikely to be affected either as you sit in your Yurt on The Moors above Leek or wherever. But we know that thousands are. As I’ve said before are these people living totally off grid in caves totally independent and unreliant of anything that’s Oil/ petro chemical based. Let me guess 🤔, answer - NO. Bloody hypocrite’s. 
eggs, you post a lot of sense and more often than not I agree with you, this time I don’t.

6 hours ago, Stere said:

Seems police have carte blanche amongst the neo fascist as long as its "woke" swampy type  lefties they arrest and MSM jornos.

If is was right wing protest  - countryside alliance or some such protest etc might be some different opnions on it.

When the protests against the banning of fox hunting took place in London several of the countryside alliance and others were batten charged and received  a right battering from the police under the direction from Blair, with several put in hospital. Don’t see this happening with these yogurt eating lefties and associated journo’s.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

You’re bang out of order mush!

His head is neither small nor pretty - more like an over ripe melon. that fell off the bench. 

Personally, I have found the story quite fascinating. 

The journo has a history of being right on the spot just before an active protest like this. 

She’s done it before and come in for criticism by association. 

What I find interests that whilst she has obviously cultivated an inside contact with advance awareness, it is not her legal (moral might be different) duty to report (to the police) an advance notice of public unrest. 

Being ‘on the spot’ is career enhancing- as is the unlawful arrest and detainment. 

I say unlawful arrest because it was. As was the use of hand cuffs and as was the detention and I suspect the rozzers are going to be paying out a whopping compo claim. 

Forgot the protest, forget the motorway, for the impending end of civilisation as we know it - the subject under discussion is lawful / unlawful arrest of a citizen going about their lawful business. 

Arrest needs to be justified to prevent the commission of an offence or to preserve evidence and facilitate an effective investigation- she was just standing in a public place - no offence. Use of hand cuffs must be objectively justified by such elements as compliance, number of suspects / police, gender, size, temperament, behaviour etc- she was an entirely compliant female vastly outnumbered by TSG Rozzers. Even the custody Sgt who should have called upon experience, training and established procedure completely failed to properly assess the situation. 

One of the problems we have - even as a law abiding citizen (great film) is that coppers tend to go straight to nuclear option and slap the cuffs on despite this being entirely contrary to policy statement. 

Anyway, she knew full well what was about to happen, put herself right in the thick of it so as to benefit her own career and ended up in the cooler. 

The old adage “careful what you wish for” springs to mind BUT the rozzers went well off the reservation and they are going to have to pay out big - well, the tax payer PCC precept will. 

She got her 5 mins of fame so there’s no sympathy there anyway. 

The other night I watched a car quite peacefully pull into a petrol station, shortly followed by two police cars and one van. They blocked him in, cuffed him immediately and gave not one word of explanation over a good three minutes while one of them talked on the radio. Everyone else, including the detainee just stood around in silence. They had ample time to give the required info. The guy was outrageously restrained considering the lack of reason given for the boot on his face. It hacked me right off and I mentally prepared a line of questioning, broadly comprising of why they thought sections 2 or 28 of PACE didn’t apply to them but section 117 did, whether any of them could remember or could at least google the appropriate caution and whether they fancied using it, etc. Before speaking up though, I remembered I’d been drinking so just paid for my fuel and left. I’ll have to be a knight in shining armour another day. 

Edited by AHPP
  • Haha 2