Soap is unaffordable now apparently…

Squaredy

The BBC have published an article claiming that millions of people are skipping work as they can’t afford soap and hygiene products.

I would post a link but I have no idea how to do that on a smart phone.

So what do these people actually spend their money on?  If they can’t afford to heat their houses, but food, buy school uniform for their kids, put fuel in their car, etc.  Mmmmmm I think I can guess.

I just checked by the way and a pack of four Dove soap bars in Aldi is £1.99.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"The poor will always be with us" 

As observed a wheen o thou year ago.

And despite 60 years of generous social welfare in the UK, this is as true now as it was then.

Feckless is still feckless.

Or some, not insignificent percentage of the population cannot cope with money, regardless of their "income".

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Squaredy said:

The BBC have published an article claiming that millions of people are skipping work as they can’t afford soap and hygiene products.

I would post a link but I have no idea how to do that on a smart phone.

So what do these people actually spend their money on?  If they can’t afford to heat their houses, but food, buy school uniform for their kids, put fuel in their car, etc.  Mmmmmm I think I can guess.

I just checked by the way and a pack of four Dove soap bars in Aldi is £1.99.

I saw that the " dirtiest man in the world " died recently . I wonder how much money he saved over the years ,

No doubt Scotland will be jumping in with a free soap on a rope as the border for everyone along with the already free period products ?.

Whilst I get people can be in poverty, a simple solution other than not having kids and cancelling sky tv is to just have the machines free in schools.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, difflock said:

And despite 60 years of generous social welfare in the UK, this is as true now as it was then.

Even more so I would suggest, and primarily due to the increased generousness of the social welfare system, "come easy, go easy".

Although to be fair, we also have an increasingly merciless capitalist system which thrives preying on easy targets.

• Like 1