Nordstream leak

Conor Wright

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

First page on the BBC news website, after a hurricane in the US and Russia annexing some bits of the Ukraine.

Not sure what more some people want

9573E619-F781-490D-AB7E-CCB3B545E702.png

If I said shit you’d say sugar Dempsey. The coverage of this has been very low key ( when you actually consider what’s occurred) compared to the hysteria over a choice of media favourite crisis of late. Mind you a murder in 1976 and kids and vaping plus half a dozen other stories before we get to Sweden finds another leak🤔priorities priorities. 
Just sat and watched the BBC news at ten headlines waiting patiently to hear the Nordstream incident get a mention!!! Not a peep 🤷‍♂️but the final article  was globally significant ie Coolio “ of gangsters paradise fame”  has died aged 59. 

AE7BEBA6-9FD7-4F4C-81B6-340CD6C8EDDB.png

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

If I said shit you’d say sugar Dempsey. The coverage of this has been very low key ( when you actually consider what’s occurred) compared to the hysteria over a choice of media favourite crisis of late. Mind you a murder in 1976 and kids and vaping plus half a dozen other stories before we get to Sweden finds another leak🤔priorities priorities. 

AE7BEBA6-9FD7-4F4C-81B6-340CD6C8EDDB.png

I do agree that it is a major bit of news that a gas pipe has been sabotaged and I'm sure that it has a lot of countries worried as fck. But, I just Google breaking news everyday day it has constantly popped up on several news feeds for the last few days. They are reporting it.

It will be interesting to see if they actually come out and pin it on Putin though. I guess it was him as he has nothing to loose but has gained a lot from it.

5 hours ago, Johnsond said:

There are numerous countries that have the capability of utilising manned and unmanned subsea vessels to carry out placement of charges against objects

It is looking like an internal explosion, maybe a drone of some sort launched in from the german side and detonated in international waters to permanently deny use of russian gas, burning bridges in case of any waivering. If so it is a major escalation.

17 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

It is looking like an internal explosion, maybe a drone of some sort launched in from the german side and detonated in international waters to permanently deny use of russian gas, burning bridges in case of any waivering. If so it is a major escalation.

Come on, you've got to put a link up to that bit of news!

• Like 1

Surely if I was the Russians and I wanted to sabotage my own for lack of a better word cash cow pipeline.

Wouldn't it be easier to just send a few divers out to loosen the pipeline bolts, allows it to leak and puts it out of action for long enough for the Germans to get a bit nervous.

1 hour ago, openspaceman said:

Well the damage pattern will easily give that away ie internal of external force direction and subsequent breach etc. As for the internal option the technology to pig lines has been utilised by the oil and gas industry for ages. Google “pipeline internal inspection or pigging” and there’s a load of info on it. 

144ED1B4-8F34-47E8-950C-A39F1EE79856.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Surely if I was the Russians and I wanted to sabotage my own for lack of a better word cash cow pipeline.

Wouldn't it be easier to just send a few divers out to loosen the pipeline bolts, allows it to leak and puts it out of action for long enough for the Germans to get a bit nervous.

No bolts, welded and laid continuously off a pipe lay vessel. Too deep to just simply send divers down and even if there were flanges to unbolt he’d be a braver man than me to start releasing the tension ( bolts are stretched using a hydraulic system of jacks not tightened  by rotating nuts as such) whilst the line is still hot. Divers worst enemy “ differential pressure” 

9837A19D-CEDC-44D3-BC7E-15547869BF8A.png

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1