Concerns as to if we will have business suitable vehicles to run....

Jamie Jones

3 hours ago, Gardenscape said:

I'm in the same predicament now. My Hilux 2004 has been bullet proof for the past 6 years, but it's suffering from rust across the whole underside of the tub and has big holes around the fixing supports to the chassis. I reckon it will fail it's MOT in December, so I'm looking for a new pickup for around 10k, but what is available doesn't fill me with much confidence. Pickups now look like pleasure vehicles. I don't want the transit or anything larger as I don't need it . Kind of stuck at the moment.

I'm still running a 02 hilux, those mounting brackets and tub rails are available from toyota. Had to fit them a couple of tests back. Awkward job but doable. The rear chassis legs can be plated handy enough too.

There's also northsouth4x4, they have the tub parts in a kit, bit pricey but it should be all you need to keep it going another good number of years if you do decide to go that route.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Conor Wright said:

I'm still running a 02 hilux, those mounting brackets and tub rails are available from toyota. Had to fit them a couple of tests back. Awkward job but doable. The rear chassis legs can be plated handy enough too.

There's also northsouth4x4, they have the tub parts in a kit, bit pricey but it should be all you need to keep it going another good number of years if you do decide to go that route.

Tbh mate, I don't think it would be worth it. The tub bolts and tub itself is rusting everywhere now. Won:t be able to weld to it because there isn't good metal to weld to.  I wouldn't even be able to undo the bolts because they are so rusted. Shame really.

3 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

What's your budget?

what volume of chip do you predict to be moving daily?

do you plan on moving timber in lengths or hand load with the same vehicle?

what's your daily work radius?

do you need 4wd?

how many passengers?

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition !  🙂

Anyone tried Ibex, no idea on prices but could be workable if you've got a donor engine you like but a rotting chassis.

WWW.IBEXVEHICLES.COM

Ibex is an uncompromising British 4x4 all terrain, off road vehicle. Agile enough to get in to the harshest of environments, strong and durable enough to get back home again. An immensely strong...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JAG63 said:

Anyone tried Ibex, no idea on prices but could be workable if you've got a donor engine you like but a rotting chassis.

WWW.IBEXVEHICLES.COM

Ibex is an uncompromising British 4x4 all terrain, off road vehicle. Agile enough to get in to the harshest of environments, strong and durable enough to get back home again. An immensely strong...

Seem to do a proper hardtop van too.