My parents are victims of cowboy tree surgeons who are now blaming my mother.

rbx1453

8 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Probably wouldn’t hurt to throw Clarkson in for good measure too - irritating tosser. 

No, I'm not having that.

"Irritating tosser" he may be, but he mostly irritates people who deserve to be irritated.

Plus, he done farming more good in one series of shows than the BBC have done for the forty odd years since they replaced their proper farming programme with that countryfile shite.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GarethM said:

It's her manner of talking that whines and drones on, does the labour party have a finishing school where they teach that annoying condescending tone ?

Oh I could put up with that OK, more that she comes across as a nasty, unpleasant, vindictive racist that gets me.

Fortunately she's also as thick as a brick or she could do even more harm.

10 hours ago, marktownend said:

I'm not claiming this to be a helpful post but here goes...

Ask the neighbours if they'd like you to chop down the tiny tree in their garden for them. Easy with a hand saw. But first tell them that in a few years' time the huge tree it'll become could be worth thousands. I've just sold the timber from a single wild cherry (at a discount) for over £3k. They might suddenly decide they quite like it.

If your landlord is being arsey about it then show them a printout of this thread as there are plenty of experienced 'tree people' all saying that your mother's alleged watering won't have made any difference at all to what's happened to regrowth from a tree that presumably they as landlord own.

What was the diameter of the Cherry? I’ve some fairly large chunks from when my frees came down in the storm.

44 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Clarkson still did more for UK farming than the history of country file, so in my book he gets a free pass away from the plague pit.

Seriously?

So a complete amateur millionaire throwing huge amounts of money (his own and grant funded) at hugely expensive machinery that he had no idea how to operate, making a complete tit of himself and bolloxing around in expensive wellies was - somehow - an ambassador for modern agriculture?

Holy *uck…..

Is it any wonder the ag sector is in such a state?

It beggars belief that farmers look upon him as anything other than an embarrassment. 

• Like 2