Anyone find chopping wood/kindling theraputic or relaxing ??

John Skinner

36 minutes ago, Retired Climber said:

More likely if grafted onto different rootstock maybe? 

These are just your bog standard 80p each bare root jobbies, plus suckers that I've dug up from various plants in the hedges around the farm.

A mixture of runts and monsters, some of them have outgrown the largest alders, some of them are being overtaken by the oaks!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, John Skinner said:

There's certainly an element of "I told you so" when talking about energy bills, wood burners, etc. When i initially said i was putting in a woodburner, many were sceptical and raised an eyebrow at the thought. Now skip ahead 6mths or so and most (still not all) are coming around to the idea/benefits of it.

A lot of people are just too plain lazy assed to be bothered lighting a fire, never mind working with firewood, no matter what the economics.

They also usually read The Guardian and complain about farmers destroying the countryside.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

A lot of people are just too plain lazy assed to be bothered lighting a fire, never mind working with firewood, no matter what the economics.

They also usually read The Guardian and complain about farmers destroying the countryside.

Yeah.... Bloody farmers with their crops and livestock. Why can't they just buy their stuff at the supermarket like the rest of us !! 😂 🤣

• Haha 4

On 30/08/2022 at 11:09, Sviatoslav Tulin said:

OK I will sound strange:couple hours of axe splitting, than a good sauna, good dinner after that and a sex later, nothing relax me better😊

Same here 👍

... Sometimes, if I'm feeling energetic, I'll take the axe off her and do a few minutes of splitting myself...

• Haha 14