The mythical Husquvarna 592xp arrived

Jamie Jones

It was this time last year (August 2021) that Husqvarna announced that dealers could order the new Husqvarna 592xp 92cc Petrol Chainsaw with delivery to be in September 2021.🙄

So I ordered and paid for my mythical 592xp with a 28" bar.😊... But, Husquvarna continually failed to deliver it. Over the past year, my Husky dealer has failed to get any sense or straight answers out of Husquvarna as to when we might see my 592xp.🤯 Most of the time the dealer can't even get to talk to anyone at Husquvarna.
But strangely, my dealer managed to get through to an actual person and found out that Husquvarna had 592xp body-only units sitting on the shelf. But they can't supply any Husquvarna bars to go with the saw.😏 So despite having a number of 592xp's on order the dealer had to order a body-only unit.

So today, after a full year of waiting, the mythical Husquvarna 592xp (body unit) actually turned up at the dealers for me to collect. If I am correct this might be the first customer 592xp delivered to a dealer for a customer.🙃
So a big thank you to Tom, my local Husquvarna dealer in sleepy Llandrindod Wells; 'Toms Mowers and Garden Supplies' for putting up with me asking every week, 'Is it here yet?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Also a big thank you to ChainsawBars.co.uk for the 36" Tsumura Light Type Bar and Oregon Chain..

Husqvarna_592xp_Chainsaw-02_Montage.jpeg

43 minutes ago, daveatdave said:

was it the same price or was it cheaper without the bar also was there a price increase during the waiting period 

I know for a fact there's been numerous increases since last September, hopefully his dealer has been nice and done it at last years price as he's already paid. We get told not to sell the engine unit only (other dealers might have a different manufacturers agreement) so only order the full kit. I have to say their not the best for communication, we haven't even seen the area rep for nearly 3 years. 

i would hope his dealer gave him discount as if he orderd and paid for the full build last year its not his fault that they couldnt supply it till now so why should he pay for any increases . now they should also return the price of the bar and chain .

well thats my thoughts only you may differ .

In response to a few questions raised with regards to:
1) No I did not pay any extra, over and above what I paid.
2) When I originally paid for the chainsaw, the dealer did say that the price may differ slightly when Husquvarna delivers the Chainsaw, and the dealer was working on a perceived price. 
3) As Husqvarna could not supply any 592xp units with bars and chains, the dealer had to get the 592xp in on a whole new order because Husquvarna won't alter his original order.
4) I was always going to swap out the bar for a 36" bars anyway. So I was not that bothered about if it came with a bar or not.
5) Re: Should I get a refund / discount for not getting the bar? Really not bothered about that because I have a very good relationship with my local dealer, and what goes around comes around. I am sure that neither party will lose out in the long run. As he has looked after me on many purchases. 
6) The amount of time and costs he has spent chasing Husquvarna over the past year will far out weigh the small difference. 

Edited by Jamie Jones
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Jamie Jones said:

In response to a few questions raised with regards to:
1) No I did not pay any extra, over and above what I paid.
2) When I originally paid for the chainsaw, the dealer did say that the price my differ slightly when Husquvarna delivers the Chainsaw, and the dealer was working on a perceived price. 
3) As Husqvarna could not supply any 592xp units with bars and chains, the dealer had to get the 592xp in on a whole new order because Husquvarna won't alter his original order.
4) I was always going to swap out the bar for a 36" bars anyway. So I was not that bothered about if it came with a bar or not.
5) Re: Should I get a refund / discount for not getting the bar? Really not bothered about that because I have a very good relationship with my local dealer, and what goes around comes around. I am sure that neither party will lose out in the long run. As he has looked after me on many purchases. 
6) The amount of time and costs he has spent chasing Husquvarna over the past year will far out weigh the small difference. 

Great response regarding you local dealer , good on you . If you went for a 36" did you go for .404 ? I always recon once you get above 30" .404 is preferable even if you have to change the drive sprocket . 

17 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Great response regarding you local dealer , good on you . If you went for a 36" did you go for .404 ? I always recon once you get above 30" .404 is preferable even if you have to change the drive sprocket . 

went for 3/8" but with the Tsumura bars, it is on 0.63” gauge as opposed to 0.58” like most husky bars

• Like 1