Forst ST6P won’t start

Cactusjack1993

Hi all. My Forst doesn’t seem to be starting and I’m not sure why. When turning the key the engine seems to be reving but it just won’t power up. I’ve had logs stuck in the In feed before but the engine doesn’t make a reving noise when trying to get it going again so I’m assuming it’s not from the small brash that’s currently stuck in the infeed though I will take this out tomorrow and see if it does the trick. All obvious things have been checked such as the emergency stop button and the bonet being securely down. Any ideas? Thanks 

1 hour ago, Cactusjack1993 said:

Hi all. My Forst doesn’t seem to be starting and I’m not sure why. When turning the key the engine seems to be reving but it just won’t power up. I’ve had logs stuck in the In feed before but the engine doesn’t make a reving noise when trying to get it going again so I’m assuming it’s not from the small brash that’s currently stuck in the infeed though I will take this out tomorrow and see if it does the trick. All obvious things have been checked such as the emergency stop button and the bonet being securely down. Any ideas? Thanks 

Sounds like lack of fuel to me . When you say " revving " do you mean the starter motor is spinning it ? or its catching and firering but won't go above tick over ?  Which fuel is it P or D ?

Edited by Stubby

14 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Sounds like lack of fuel to me . When you say " revving " do you mean the starter motor is spinning it ? or its catching and firering but won't go above tick over ?  Which fuel is it P or D ?

Fuel is full. It’s petrol. Sorry that wasn’t worded too well. When I turn the ignition and its cranking but not firing up

5 minutes ago, Cactusjack1993 said:

Fuel is full. It’s petrol. Sorry that wasn’t worded too well. When I turn the ignition and its cranking but not firing up

So , Fuel may be not getting to the cylinders or,  if it is and the coil/ spark pugs are not igniting it .  Check the plugs after cranking it over . If they are dry is a fuel not getting there problem . If they are wet its a no spark situation .

Edited by Stubby

2 minutes ago, Stubby said:

So , Fuel may be not getting to the cylinders or,  if it is and the coil/ spark pugs are not igniting it .  Check the plugs after cranking it over . If they are dry is a fuel not getting there problem . If they are wet its a no spark situation .

Okay thanks I’ll give that a check. 

Can you rotate the flywheel by hand. It could be material jamming it. Never had a forst, but had that problem with a kwikchip many moons ago. Certain bendy stuff would wrap itself around the spindle and jam it occasionally. I could be way off the mark though.  Video would help

Edited by Con

12 hours ago, Con said:

Can you rotate the flywheel by hand. It could be material jamming it. Never had a forst, but had that problem with a kwikchip many moons ago. Certain bendy stuff would wrap itself around the spindle and jam it occasionally. I could be way off the mark though.  Video would help

I would concur, if the engine is under any slight load, it wont start

16 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Post a video.

Hi Mick video attached. I’ve taken all small brash out the infeed still no luck. Also to note it randomly cut out whilst in use so assuming this would indicate it’s not a spark plug problem? Though I’m no expert. All obvious things checked as originally noted such as emergency stop button and bonet secure. 

Edited by Cactusjack1993