Red Arrows

eggsarascal

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

I've never seen them live.

Saw them three times at the IoM TT.. 79, 80 and 81, they're probably a lot better now with 40 more years practice and hi tech..

..but I wonder what the  MOD pay per litre ? during this designer crisis... Diddly squat  I expect.

On 12/08/2022 at 00:13, eggsarascal said:

Im not too far from RAF Leuchars where they used to attend the airs how every year and do a fantastic display. Best watched from about a couple of miles or more away from the airbase. Its also free!

Pissed a lot of people off when the airbase shut and they gave it to the bloody army and its now known as Leuchars Station. Dont know why Scotrail dont sue them as Leuchars Station has been used for trains for at least 100 years and the army are a wee bit late in trying to use the name.

There is a military air shows page on FB which lists their events and routes if anyone is interested.

On 12/08/2022 at 01:13, eggsarascal said:

When I was a kid my parent always invited the extended family for a barb on Aug BH weekend.  It usually coincided with Teeside Airshow.  Saw them many times as we only lived about 12 miles form the airport.

My neighbour had a pretty large signed photo of them in her hallway.  All the pilots stood with their helmets under their arms and in formation.  I asked her if she had bought it at the airshow.

She said 'my brother gave it to me, check the name of the guy in the middle.'  It was her brother. ;)

• Like 1

I used to live on a hill outside Bristol, and when the red arrows came to do displays at the balloon festival and other events nearby, they'd fly low and fast over my house as they were turning to go back to Ashton court. I didn't even have to leave my garden to see them, will see if I can find a pic.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

You can’t even find a printed fly in a pisser Eggs. So no, I don’t reckon you saw them. Wit your eyesight you’d best be sitting down to piss. 

It’s a strange one, The Red Arrows website let’s you know their schedule. Twice in recent weeks they have been close but not on the exact flight path that’s published… Conspiracy theory.?… it’s all to do with Jodrell Bank.