Killing some Conifer trees to let Ivy grow up them

DTaylor

Question

10 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

There is an old grave yard bordering my building plot not really wanting to butcher them they are in the grave yard side over hanging load's. Quietly drill a couple of eco plug's would be perfect. Tree's are nothing special.

Cutting them back to the boundary is acceptable Les, secretly killing someone's trees not on your property isn't really cricket.

Remember how pissed you felt when someone came onto your property and took your bike.

4 hours ago, Dendrologen said:

Don't kill other people's trees. Contact the owner and ask them to cut them back on your side or do it yourself. Christ

4 hours ago, Dendrologen said:

Don't kill other people's trees. Contact the owner and ask them to cut them back on your side or do it yourself. Christ

I thought they were his trees ? 

Edited by Stubby

4 hours ago, Stubby said:

I thought they were his trees ? 

I think I got a bit confused. I am old according to some people on here! I thought the comment about poisoning trees was written by the OP at first.

Edited by Dendrologen
  • Like 1

To get back on topic...

I agree with Paul in the woods, that the trees will most likely fail fairly soon. If you kill the trees, you also kill the roots which are holding the trees up, so they will blow down in high winds. If they last long enough to gain any significant ivy growth, that's even worse because there's the weight of the ivy, plus the wind resistance of all those broad evergreen leaves. Dead trees covered in ivy are potentially very dangerous.