SAWDUST - COMPLIANCE

Composting is a no go due to contaminants. Your only solution is to briquette and then supply as fuel to a commercial boiler which complies with the waste incineration directive.  Dont be surprised if they charge you a gate fee for the disposal of this contaminated waste sawdust.  Horticulture operation in Yorkshire disposes of such waste but not cheap and they spent a fortune complying with the waste incineration directive.

7 hours ago, Jessica Envirovue said:

Do you have any contacts please?

These people are into compost and biomass, worth talking to I would have thought. They also have a stream for waste wood eg fencing, no idea about MDF though.

https://www.envar.co.uk/biomass-production-and-supply/

Only other people I know in related field is Janbor, at least you could talk to him about what you need or potential markets

https://www.janbor.co.uk/

10 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

That kind of waste is criminal

Maybe, but also very common.

It's the end result of our society having lost the link between what we grow and what we eat - impossible to exactly match industrial scale food production to demand, and we don't like to see shortages in the supermarket, so there has to be a percentage excess which needs disposing.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

Maybe, but also very common.

It's the end result of our society having lost the link between what we grow and what we eat - impossible to exactly match industrial scale food production to demand, and we don't like to see shortages in the supermarket, so there has to be a percentage excess which needs disposing.

I know it’s common. Still makes me angry to see actual pictures of it. 

Id be in there having a right good rake! 

Andy my mate has a biodigester plant that all the big supermarkets tip at.

As you say, the waste is literally criminal.

He has a pretty good separation system, and a lot is bust up for cattle feed.

The hoops he has to jump through are unreal though.

He’s a farmer through and through, and is disgusted by the waste situation, although he knows he’d be daft to say no to the money.

• Like 4

Andy my mate has a biodigester plant that all the big supermarkets tip at.

As you say, the waste is literally criminal.

He has a pretty good separation system, and a lot is bust up for cattle feed.

The hoops he has to jump through are unreal though.

He’s a farmer through and through, and is disgusted by the waste situation, although he knows he’d be daft to say no to the money.

Yes, he sounds like a ‘farmer through and through’ , subsidised to produce the waste and subsidised to get rid of it too.

I am a recipient of of farm subsidy, so not blameless here.
But if hear another farmer say “ I work all hours for no thanks” I think I’ll crack up, they are some of the most affluent folk I know.
  • Like 1

Probably subsidised to set up that business,(not a completey bad thing), probably not subsidised to grow bananas and pineapples[emoji846]. Don’t know many cows on a diet of bananas and pineapples

9 minutes ago, Mull said:

Probably subsidised to set up that business,(not a completey bad thing), probably not subsidised to grow bananas and pineapplesemoji846.png. Don’t know many cows on a diet of bananas and pineapples

Do you maney cows Mull ? 🙂