Tyre Puncture repairs.....

swinny

Got puncture in little loader the other day, took it to the bloke I use and he said best bet is OKO. Which he did, and as he did it was talking about a golf coarse he supplies tyres and repair them he got fed up with golf buggies got punctures out on the coarse so put OKO in every tyre never got a call about punctures, but the golfers still manage to knock tyres off rims from time to time. 

9 hours ago, woody paul said:

Got puncture in little loader the other day, took it to the bloke I use and he said best bet is OKO. Which he did, and as he did it was talking about a golf coarse he supplies tyres and repair them he got fed up with golf buggies got punctures out on the coarse so put OKO in every tyre never got a call about punctures, but the golfers still manage to knock tyres off rims from time to time. 

Used OKO both on and off-road types for a while (75l total) and not particularly impressed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stere said:

Usually  punctures can be avoided by not running over the above.

That's if not look for your ball in the rough will driving. Must remember when driving to keep an eye out for nails in the road and not drive over them. 

6 minutes ago, Justme said:

Just remember that the strings & all externally fitted plugs do not meet the UK BS for road tyre repairs.

They work very well for off road stuff & can even fix big holes at lower pressures.

I had half a dozen strings in one hole in the sidewall of a tractor tyre for a few weeks - they are brilliant things. 

12 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

I had half a dozen strings in one hole in the sidewall of a tractor tyre for a few weeks - they are brilliant things. 

Years ago I had a thumb sized hole in a quad bike side wall. Fitted these so we could keep playing for the rest of the day. Never actually fixed it as it worked so well. Sold quad a few years later with it still fixed by them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, doobin said:

Used OKO both on and off-road types for a while (75l total) and not particularly impressed. 

23 hours ago, Stere said:

I wouldn't think a  golf corse would have much blackthorn or brambles or old nails etc.

Usually  punctures can be avoided by not running over the above.

Its the tees apparently that get in the golf buggy tyres.

OKO is a bit outdated tbh doesn't work great.  Its messy and not that effective.  The Redwing stuff is a different product altogether.  Its a lot thinner so runs round the tyre better, but has fibres in it to plug bigger holes up to about 10mm.  Its water soluable so you can just rinse it off when you come to changing a wheel.  A lot of people don't realise the OKO stuff dries out over time so you're meant to keep topping it up, the redwing stuff doesnt.  

Also I think there is a new one out now for on-road tyres. Force52 is the company that does it.

• Like 1