Hardest wearing srs rope

I would say the non ce cougar ropes are pretty hard wearing.

I have been on Samson Velocity 12mm for a few years now.  It is a nice rope and easy in the hand.

I also have cougar orange and that is a few years old, plus some sterling 11mm but hardly climbed on.  Also a couple of others including courant,  it that is still in the box.

I will say though, I tend to chop and change ropes depending hon if they are wet.  Having more than one 60m rope suit me.

• Like 2

24 strand double braid ropes such as Yale blue tongue or cougar blue are more hardwiring than the 32 or 48 strand kernmantle ropes

the double braid ropes are roughly 50/50 core and sheath dependant ropes 

the kernmantle  ropes are core dependent with an abrasion resistant cover. 

as the strand count increases, the diameter of each strand decreases which reduces the abrasion resistance

a great double braid for srt is Yale blaze or Samson velocity  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomthetree said:

a great double braid for srt is Yale blaze or Samson velocity  

Both are pretty narrow though.  I got the Voyager from Samson about 4 years ago just after it came out.  Very nice rope and still climbing on it these days.

• Like 2

I bought mine after chatting to Nod.  I was moving to Norway shortly after and was trying to get bits and pieces so I’d be sorted when I arrived.

He said it had just come out and was designed with Srt in mind.  So I bought 60 m and have enjoyed climbing on it since.

“a great double braid for srt is Yale blaze or Samson velocity”

I’m glad you mentioned Blaze, I used it for the first time today with RRP, a reccy climb to get to know the RRP, I was very pleased with it, so flexible and light, I’m used to Tachyon but will switch to Yale Blaze [emoji106]

• Like 1

I've had the non-ce cougar blue for over 2 years now and it's definitely worn but will go some more. Can't fault it.

Definitely thinking about the squir for next rope - it's priced very well.

Interested that the velocity and voyager are good for srt as on the website they give an elongation of 3% which would be bouncy as f*ck....so must be a different figure to what others are quoting. Usually thinking about 2 or less good for srt.....