Best attachment for mini-loader

Mark Bolam

I’m crunching some numbers to finally finance a mini loader, Worky Quad or similar.

Obviously there are a staggering array of attachments.

I’ll probably just start off with a couple, and am after advice on what would be the best choice initially.

I’ve pretty much narrowed it down to a Klou log grab (free rotation), a grapple bucket, and pallet forks.

Pretty much 100% arb work, mainly domestic, but certainly interested in subbing to landscapers/fencers/builders in the future.

Any input appreciated.

• Like 1

Pallet forks are my most used attachment by far

I dont do site work so it maybe different for you but they shunt brash into piles, carry all the heavy lengths about. I palletised much of the kit in the barn so it can be moved in and out quickly with no need to hitch up. I have a grab and use it occasionally but the forks are the most versatile IME

• Thanks 1

Grab bucket with removable sides covers lots of stuff, not quite as good as a dedicated grab for timber but that won’t carry rakeings or move chip etc. the blade on front of bucket will scrape mud from roads, move chip etc the list goes on. Also look at the micro bull from @Dave Alviti they have a have a huge amount of attachments and more oil flow than some if you want powered machines in the future ( grinder, flail mower etc)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Will C said:

Grab bucket with removable sides covers lots of stuff, not quite as good as a dedicated grab for timber but that won’t carry rakeings or move chip etc. the blade on front of bucket will scrape mud from roads, move chip etc the list goes on. Also look at the micro bull from @Dave Alviti they have a have a huge amount of attachments and more oil flow than some if you want powered machines in the future ( grinder, flail mower etc)

You can spec either the micro bull or the worky quad or the Sherpa with the Honda gx630 for more flow so it’s really about whether you want to run wheels or tracks. Or there’s the giant diesel which has the most flow of all. But all are a bit of a toy if you want to run things like stump grinders- I’d stick to loading, which they excel at. 

Spend more than you want to on attachments would be my advice because you will be sure to use them and you’ll soon forget about the extra monthly cost when you see how versatile a mini loader is with attachments. Also- two sets of wheels- I’ve not even used my narrow wheels yet!

ive not tried this out yet but I reckon this will be good for moving rings. You could bolt the grab in at 90 degrees round if you wanted it the other way. 

94367458-75A5-4DAF-9D81-B8DA91F97C64.jpeg

Edited by doobin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, woody paul said:

Best attachment for loader is good driver in the seat, 

I've been amazed at just how quickly everyone who has tried my Sherpa has picked it up and become proficient. It's far, far easier to get to grips with than I anticipated.

Klou Log grab, pallet tines, and a bucket of some description covers most things (I do quite like a pelican bucket) Augers handy if your doing a lot of planting or fencing, tow hitch is pretty essential as well (can be fitted with the klou grab, but if moving a 2ton plus trailer I'd always go for a stand alone option)

The light weight Klou grab can come with or without the 'heal' part of it and largely depends on what machine it's going on, the Giant handles the heal well, the geometry on the Cast and microBull suit the 'without' version better in my opinion. I'm planning on doing a few videos of both moving brash/logs to chippers and loading trailers to give people a better understanding of this. I'm always happy to answer any questions if you want to know more, we currently have a Giant, worky quad, microbull and ditchwitch on the hire fleet! (Yes I do have a problem!) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Will C said:

Cheers Will.

Whilst the idea of sitting on my arse all day holds a LOT of appeal, I was looking to go narrower than that.

17 hours ago, Dave Alviti said:

Klou Log grab, pallet tines, and a bucket of some description covers most things (I do quite like a pelican bucket) Augers handy if your doing a lot of planting or fencing, tow hitch is pretty essential as well (can be fitted with the klou grab, but if moving a 2ton plus trailer I'd always go for a stand alone option)

The light weight Klou grab can come with or without the 'heal' part of it and largely depends on what machine it's going on, the Giant handles the heal well, the geometry on the Cast and microBull suit the 'without' version better in my opinion. I'm planning on doing a few videos of both moving brash/logs to chippers and loading trailers to give people a better understanding of this. I'm always happy to answer any questions if you want to know more, we currently have a Giant, worky quad, microbull and ditchwitch on the hire fleet! (Yes I do have a problem!) 

Cheers Dave.

I’m leaning towards the WQ rather than the Microbull because I’d prefer wheels over tracks and there is a dealer 7 miles away.

The MB attachments look great, and are certainly keenly priced.

I suppose it’s too much to ask for them to be compatible?

More vids would be great.