Husky 346 carb screws

Kevm

I have a 2010 346 and adjusted the idle this morn and found it has crap plastic adjusters which have been chewed up by a previous owner.

Can I remove that plastic block with the adjusters on and what is underneath? it would be nice if there were real steel adjustment screws underneath?

50 minutes ago, Kevm said:

I have a 2010 346 and adjusted the idle this morn and found it has crap plastic adjusters which have been chewed up by a previous owner.

Can I remove that plastic block with the adjusters on and what is underneath? it would be nice if there were real steel adjustment screws underneath?

@adw    @spudulike

22 minutes ago, Moose McAlpine said:

They may have splined ends with the plastic moulded over the splines.

You can replace the screws though.

https://www.lsengineers.co.uk/carburetor-details-assembly-for-husqvarna-346xp-chainsaw.html

Parts 27, 30 and 34.

Not cheap, won't the screws from an older Walbro fit?

16 minutes ago, Moose McAlpine said:

They may have splined ends with the plastic moulded over the splines.

You can replace the screws though.

https://www.lsengineers.co.uk/carburetor-details-assembly-for-husqvarna-346xp-chainsaw.html

Parts 27, 30 and 34.

That's kind of expensive, would it not be possible to simply ][ carefully ] slot the ends of the original screws with a junior hacksaw or, probably better a small disc in a Dremel ? 

Or buy the correct splined screwdriver tool .... very cheap.

I know it says for disc cutter but if you scroll down the page you'll see the questions answered for saws.

Carb Adjusting Tool Genuine Husqvarna Part OEM No. 530 03 55 60 Suitable for the Following Applications K750 & K760

You can remove the plastic anti tamper sleeves, however the slot in the screw is only 2mm, this makes it very difficult with the engine running to adjust the screws, the idea was they pulled partly off so as a 2mm screw driver went through the middle onto the screw underneath, be careful not to bend the screws when you pull them off, there was a special tool to do it, it was similar to a small self tapping screw on a t bar, it screwed in hit the end of the screw underneath which drew the sleeve off.

41 minutes ago, Macpherson said:

That's kind of expensive, would it not be possible to simply ][ carefully ] slot the ends of the original screws with a junior hacksaw or, probably better a small disc in a Dremel ? 

Or buy the correct splined screwdriver tool .... very cheap.

I know it says for disc cutter but if you scroll down the page you'll see the questions answered for saws.

Carb Adjusting Tool Genuine Husqvarna Part OEM No. 530 03 55 60 Suitable for the Following Applications K750 & K760

This will not work.