Sea fishing!

AngrySquirrel

16 minutes ago, AngrySquirrel said:

Mackerel don't really return if touched they burn and drowned as skin becomes porous from acid in our skin plus often then frill on jaw is damaged so can't feed.

Horse Mackerel/Scad eat well taste better than mackerel

Have you tried taking the barbs off your hooks and using a bigger size?

I used to catch a lot of Maks and throw them back.Now I keep them for bait or smoke a few. The Maks come up the Fjords in huge Schools that your lure can literally ricochet off since its solid fish.We target the bigger fish chasing the Maks.I have broken a couple of Rods on (probably) Halibut.One guy I was with fought one for and hour and forty minute befor breaking him off.The record for Halibut round here is 240 kg dead weight. 

I had something massive on a long line during January.I couldnt pull it up from my Kayak.The sides of the Fjord were all iced up so I couldnt get to land.I tied a rope to the float,threw that on land took a detour and started yarding on the long line.The rope was cutting through my gloves before the trace snapped.I would have loved to know what fish it was.Its better to know its still out there than catch it in many ways.                                                                                                                                                  https://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/i/kAxWX/tok-kveite-paa-194-kg-paa-stang

• Like 5

I'm getting back into it after a break of probably 10 years. 

Currently fishing Breydon water towards vauxhall Bridge with light tackle and lures for bass. Nice one last week (2lbs) and a return yesterday. 

Went off a boat about a month ago around Lowestoft, targeting skate and bass. Ended up with a good amount of smooth hound in the freezer. One of my favourite eating fish, but disliked by many. 

I'm a useless cast both off the beach and with a spinning rod. 

Could do with some pointers on technique really. 

This canoe fishing looks good fun, any more info on that greatly appreciated. Sea Palling is only twenty minutes from me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AngrySquirrel said:

Have a Daiwa WKT12M and one of the original 65CT's blue/silver side plates 70's

Those Abu reels are works of art, angle the brake blocks, release the clutch, use Rocket Fuel and one of the thinnest Varivas lines for extra distance...150gm weight!

46 minutes ago, Xiucutil said:

I do a bit.412DA706-F029-4E89-B286-59AC5C080A8B.thumb.jpeg.3ce9cc291bd2c98c1af8cf4d7e37470f.jpeg

pretty sure that is Start point / Hallsands ...lovely  area !!    I dive there occasionally ...scallops , razor clams , crabs and fish ....only on neap  tides though or may end up miles offshore in the current !!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, devon TWiG said:

pretty sure that is Start point / Hallsands ...lovely  area !!    I dive there occasionally ...scallops , razor clams , crabs and fish ....only on neap  tides though or may end up miles offshore in the current !!

Yes, spot on. North Hallsands up against the reef at Tinsey head you can see the masts up on Start in the background, as you can see a place popular with spider crabs! I fish for spiders between Beesands and Start Point and it is a privelege to work in such a beautiful place.

• Like 4