Sea fishing!

AngrySquirrel

I do a bit off mi kayak off sea palling reefs in Norfolk great fun although does get a bit narly ! Also do a bit of beach fishing along same coastline upto Walcott when up the caravan if I get out the pub early- ish the night before. 

2AFB7691-F62E-4DC4-ADBA-C6C726584FF0.jpeg

63EDAAEB-EBDE-4A4C-8C1D-3C1D94785BA6.jpeg

• Like 4

We do a bit out of the fylde coast when both weather and time will allow, boat is ready to go and just need the right tide and weather and i will be out there, it dont seem to happen like it used to, i used to shoot all the way through Jan, work my arse off Feb,Mar,April and May then when the tope and smoothhounds arrived in june and the weather was right i would just go 2,3,4 times a week and go to work 2 days if i had to, then later on in the year when the Bass where hear in there hoards i used to cash in on this big time by just going and fishing either 5 hrs of the flood or ebb depending on tide hieght, happy days back then when i could make 2 wks wages in one morning, 

10 hours ago, spudulike said:

Done a bit of beach casting, enjoyed the casting technique, got up to over 150 yards .....well over the length of a football field but not had time to do it for years. Fairly amusing seeing other anglers running at the sea and giving it their all to make 50 yards and then wacking my own weight out 120 yards + with little effort.

I build my reels do all the modding one runs a custom stainless steel mono mag as the original mag system breaks.

Do like my Italcanna rods B4 is really a field/tournament rod it's done 310yards already! but find it fine for fishing mind 6oz barely moves tip!

5 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

We do a bit out of the fylde coast when both weather and time will allow, boat is ready to go and just need the right tide and weather and i will be out there, it dont seem to happen like it used to, i used to shoot all the way through Jan, work my arse off Feb,Mar,April and May then when the tope and smoothhounds arrived in june and the weather was right i would just go 2,3,4 times a week and go to work 2 days if i had to, then later on in the year when the Bass where hear in there hoards i used to cash in on this big time by just going and fishing either 5 hrs of the flood or ebb depending on tide hieght, happy days back then when i could make 2 wks wages in one morning, 

Friends should have new boat had made finished soon it's a 22-24ft all alloy hull running twin 275 outboards will do flat out 70mph!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, spudulike said:

I am nothing compared to some ......the record is over 900ft or over 300 yards so 150 is nothing in comparison. Tuned Abu 6300C3CT Multiplier and a 13' Daiwa rod....Started at 50 yards and suddenly hit 100 when I got a pendulum swing going, walked miles casting over grass so you can stick your Pinocchio up your posterior!! 

Q Is there a record for the world’s longest cast? What equipment was used, and when was it done? My … Continued

Have a Daiwa WKT12M and one of the original 65CT's blue/silver side plates 70's

10 hours ago, Wonky said:

yes 8 mackerel and 3 horse mackerel , some are shown in my green bucket, I put back probably 10 small horse macks

These 3 guys  were there along time before me. They had a light in the water to Attract the horse mackerel they were sharing out they catch when I took this picture.

these London area guys (Indian/Pakistan) didn’t put the small ones back. But that’s like most of the immigrants around here “for want of a better  expression “  . and neither did they gut them. I was taught from a very early age to gut them where I caught

edit, east arm newhaven harbour 

6C2CE419-23A7-4A68-8B4F-E0AFAEA5DF90.jpeg

Mackerel don't really return if touched they burn and drowned as skin becomes porous from acid in our skin plus often then frill on jaw is damaged so can't feed.

Horse Mackerel/Scad eat well taste better than mackerel

• Like 1