More ethanol in fuel

neiln

1 hour ago, neiln said:

Quick Google, yes it's available at some airports.  Found this too......£1.50 ish a litre 

https://aaoil.co.uk/product/warter-ul91-3/

193 litres is a bit much for me though! 🤣

It would be lovely if one of their other brands was only £1.50 a litre, I'd happily buy Aspen in bulk at that price 😀

As a long term user of this stuff I can say that it has definitely helped protect my machinery from the effects of ethanol damage that I see every day in all the other engines that I repair.. in fact the combined costs due to ethanol globally must be truly enormous cancelling any box ticking green agenda piss.

Although I'm not so sure about it protecting against E85....

PREVENT  future engine problems with Ethanol ShieldSUITABLE  for power equipment with either 2 or...

10 hours ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Wouldn't want to use avgas in a chainsaw, it's leaded. Normal petrol fumes are bad enough.

I grew up with Leaded, its fine, also London air still contaminated with 4 star, even now. K

1 hour ago, Khriss said:

I grew up with Leaded, its fine, also London air still contaminated with 4 star, even now. K

I think even 2 star had lead in it back before unleaded was available. I believe the lead also acted as a lubricant and two strokes benefited from that.

By now I would have expected to see a study showing how much better kids were growing up without as much lead in the environment twenty years after leaded petrol was removed from sale.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

I think even 2 star had lead in it back before unleaded was available. I believe the lead also acted as a lubricant and two strokes benefited from that.

By now I would have expected to see a study showing how much better kids were growing up without as much lead in the environment twenty years after leaded petrol was removed from sale.

I saw some such study referred to recently, but with respect to increased IQ, I however suspect it was US based, though it may have been Swedish in orign.

Must try and find it.