Advice on tipper back for Nissan navara.

T.N

Had a quick gander on autotrader. You can pick up some real nice navaras if that's what you're into for the 3-4k mark with same/less mileage that are in better nick with nicer trim etc. That gives you 2k to spend on a trailer or spend on a ally arb back and sell the original tub to regain some more money. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, T.N said:

@Paddy1000111

I only chose the  Nissan navarre because it had the back. 

I dont want to start a debate but what brand is ideal? 

Ford ranger? Hilux 

Cheers pal 

It's personal preference. Like Stihl vs Husky. Ranger or Hilux would be my personal go to. The Nivara series had all sorts of issues from frame cracking to engine problems but then other people had no issues at all and I'm sure whatever someone suggests there will be another 3 people who tell you it's crap and not worth it.  Every vehicle has it's problems, nothings perfect.

I'd buy what you personally like and the best "bang for buck" you can find. The prices of hilux seem to stay higher for longer because they have a more reliable image so you would probably get more bang for buck with a ranger. 

Best option is to have a look at payload ratings and tow capacities and go from there. The different years, trims etc all had different load ratings so look at what you can afford and then compare the specs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

It's personal preference. Like Stihl vs Husky. Ranger or Hilux would be my personal go to. The Nivara series had all sorts of issues from frame cracking to engine problems but then other people had no issues at all and I'm sure whatever someone suggests there will be another 3 people who tell you it's crap and not worth it.  Every vehicle has it's problems, nothings perfect.

I'd buy what you personally like and the best "bang for buck" you can find. The prices of hilux seem to stay higher for longer because they have a more reliable image so you would probably get more bang for buck with a ranger. 

Best option is to have a look at payload ratings and tow capacities and go from there. The different years, trims etc all had different load ratings so look at what you can afford and then compare the specs. 

@Paddy1000111

Do you have a contact number I can send you a couple videos of a hulix I'm speaking to a dealer about and tell me what you think. 

I know nothing of vehicles and this one is over 10k Inc vat. 

Cheers 

• Like 1

They all have their problems at some point in the manufacturing run . Early D22 Navaras had a bad batch of con rod bolts  made by Cadburys . Later D22 were fine . Early D40 navaras had chassis snapping problems Later ones are good . I have had both models and had no issues at all . Currently running a 65 plate 190hp  D40 tekna no probs . Izuzu have DPF regen probs with fuel getting into the engine oil and engines blowing up  . Might be sorted now , I dunno . Some new Rangers have add blue issues .  Hilux have had turbo and injector problems yad yada yada yada . 

6 hours ago, Stubby said:

As has been said . Get the bloke to demo it with a load on board .  Torque = force X radius .  In that equation the force needed would be much more that if the ram were further toward the cab and the point of its attachment nearer the edge of the box .

Even if it can do it, it shouldn’t do it! That geometry is just wrong! I’d walk away from it if I were you. If it stretches your funds just buying it there isn’t going to be much contingency for when it all cracks apart!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hey chaps, 

Thought I'd share with what I decided to go for in the end. Seemed a ranger or hilux was just too costly and not ideal. For my needs. Having had this Toyota dyna for a couple weeks I'm pretty happy with it, built a back for it cost me £120 in total and easily enough done. It's a big enough truck for me for now but small enough to easily find parking. Can is a bit cramped and you feel every bump in the road but for the price and what I can do with this now mo ey well spend. I found that finding a good truck is hard but when you do it's worth the wait. So I appreciate all who advices me to stay clear of certian vehicles. Anyways thought this would be of interest to some. 

Cheers again

Regards. 

Ps, may paint the sides and getting some magnetic signs soon. 

IMG_20210723_170254.jpg

IMG_20210729_194821.jpg

IMG_20210729_194814.jpg

IMG_20210729_194828.jpg

• Like 3

Don't expect the wood sides to last forever, they will break down and rot in time. But you'll be out putting it to work straight away as it is and you can sort something more permanent later as you wish.

Having a useable vehicle now is what matters and that's what you've got. 👌🏻

Looks immaculate too!