Advice on tipper back for Nissan navara.

T.N

I didn't think it looked right.. 

Sad times, I've been looking to find one for some time. 

The general consensus is to abandon this Nissan then. 

How much would it be to fix the back¿

I'll be honest, the 6k will empty my funds but I would like a vehicle ASAP so I can start doing my own work as the sunny life isn't making me rich ha. 

Oh I don't know what to do. Guy wants a deposit today or soon. 

I'm down in bmth so if anyone knows of a good condition one please let me know. 

Good mileage on it tho. 

I appreciate all the advice but a part of me still wants it. 

Regards 

3 hours ago, T.N said:

I didn't think it looked right.. 

Sad times, I've been looking to find one for some time. 

The general consensus is to abandon this Nissan then. 

How much would it be to fix the back¿

I'll be honest, the 6k will empty my funds but I would like a vehicle ASAP so I can start doing my own work as the sunny life isn't making me rich ha. 

Oh I don't know what to do. Guy wants a deposit today or soon. 

I'm down in bmth so if anyone knows of a good condition one please let me know. 

Good mileage on it tho. 

I appreciate all the advice but a part of me still wants it. 

Regards 

As has been said . Get the bloke to demo it with a load on board .  Torque = force X radius .  In that equation the force needed would be much more that if the ram were further toward the cab and the point of its attachment nearer the edge of the box .

Edited by Stubby

What vehicle have you got at the moment? Do you have a b+e licence? You're probably better off getting a 2.8t tipper trailer like one from ifor and go from there. Worked with a guy who had a defender 110 and put everything in that ifor, was surprising how much you could get on it when it was buzzed down with a saw. If you already have a tow car then that's what I would do on a limited budget. If not I'd get a pickup that's not been ARB converted for a lot cheaper and in better condition and buy a trailer because it's always useful. You can even charge more freelancing for you, the pickup and a decent trailer for logs. 

Again thanks gents. 

Appreciate the advice. I'll ask for a demo video. 

What I have now is a peugeout partner that's always got me. To and from work with room for my gear. It also enables me to sell some logs too. 

Just wanted something bigger and a bit more professional looking. 

I'll get a video, how much weight should I ask him to load it with? I'm not sure of the capacity for this type. 

At work we have a Ford transit and that has done some silly weight on it. 

Cheers 

Ask for 800 kg builders bag of sand at the front, personally I would steer clear this truck

won’t make you much money and will cost you 

dont let your desires rule your head you thought somthing was wrong or you wouldn’t have posted here

if stubby says avoid I would listen

patience one will come along you might have to travel for it 

Everything about that is wrong. Stop trying to convince yourself it might be ok; it's not ok. 

The load has a massive advantage over the ram, it should be the other way round. The problem is magnified by the fact you are asking the ram to do a massive amount of work really quickly due to the small ram travel compared to the arc or the load. They couldn't have made that a less efficient setup if they tried. 

1 hour ago, Paddy1000111 said:

What vehicle have you got at the moment? Do you have a b+e licence? You're probably better off getting a 2.8t tipper trailer like one from ifor and go from there. Worked with a guy who had a defender 110 and put everything in that ifor, was surprising how much you could get on it when it was buzzed down with a saw. If you already have a tow car then that's what I would do on a limited budget. If not I'd get a pickup that's not been ARB converted for a lot cheaper and in better condition and buy a trailer because it's always useful. You can even charge more freelancing for you, the pickup and a decent trailer for logs. 

We do everything with a 3.5 ton Ifor tipper trailer behind a Disco, a Shogun or a Defender and have been doing so for years. We don't have a tipper truck. It works for us.

• Like 1