Best entry level chainsaw in to the forestry sector?

TheGingerMan

5 hours ago, TheGingerMan said:

So I'm gearing up to get my tickets. What's the best starter pro saw in your opinion folks?

Have a look at Makita/Dolmar they are very good saws,i,ve got a Makita 4300 and its a great small saw,and just got a Dolmar 6100,superb saw

1 hour ago, TheGingerMan said:

Has anyone ever bought off the website mowers2go? Àre they legit? They've got saws selling for what seems the cheapest on the net

Buy from your closest reputable shop.If the saw has trouble under warranty,they will have a spare you can borrow.

mowers2go wont.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

Dont know weather your a Husky or stihl fan ? for me its Stihl and in my opinion you cant go wrong with a 261, there nice to use, plenty of power and  seem to have the balls to sort bigger timber out as well, if this is the rout you go down look after it, keep the needle bearing greased and it will last you a long time, some one is going to post that the 261s are crap but they more than likely just bought one and used it with out doing any maintainance on it, and we all know that any machinery that does not get maitained from day one it will reflect later on in its working, and we have all heard the saying, prevention is better than cure, and them words are very true, 

the 261,s are good saws but i think there was a batch with a fault with the needle bearing, personally i dont buy the lack of maintence bit as there are saws at work that are ancient and havent been greased and still work fine, were as the 261 we had seemed to need grease and a new bearing after each fill!

to the op id get a husky 550, great little saw imo

• Like 1

Personally I love my ms261cm, great on the ground and if you can handle a saw then it will bury the full 18 bar. You can make good size cuts when up on spikes and fell good size stuff on the ground. 

I've had mine 3 years now and not had a single issue with it. I grease the sprocket bearing regularly and just look after it. 

I'd say the 362 is just heavy without gaining much in power. I would rather be nimble with a 261 than just power through things with a 362 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Personally I love my ms261cm, great on the ground and if you can handle a saw then it will bury the full 18 bar. You can make good size cuts when up on spikes and fell good size stuff on the ground. 

I've had mine 3 years now and not had a single issue with it. I grease the sprocket bearing regularly and just look after it. 

I'd say the 362 is just heavy without gaining much in power. I would rather be nimble with a 261 than just power through things with a 362 

Good to hear! Steering towards a 261 at this point

4 minutes ago, TheGingerMan said:

Good to hear! Steering towards a 261 at this point

It's down to what you prefer. Realistically the husky and Stihl are pretty close. Personally I find the husky a little plasticy but it's almost like the whole timber wolf Vs greenmech thing. You like what you like! 

• Like 1