news from down under

daveatdave

I don't think he lost his job , he walked out ( with dramatic effect )  because Alex Berisford argued back at him . He calls a lot of people " snow flakes " but when someone shouts back at him he " snow flakes " out of it . I am pretty sure he has another job already up his sleeve . 

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

What if he got the boot saying homosexuality is a sin or Jews control the world or the Royal family are lizards? 

Would that be an assault on free speech? 

ps. Please try not to use the word ‘woke’ in the answer, look on it as an linguistic challenge.

This is getting tedious - you'll only make me carry on if you keep using inappropriate examples 😂

The homosexuality being a sin issue could be his true belief (not saying it is, just could be) but it would be illegal to actively discriminate - because that's the law.  Not so easy to 'evidence' the belief since it would be a belief rather than an observable fact.

Jews control the world - again, not so easy to evidence (realistically.)

Royal family are lizards - bordering on the stark raving mad.

What he actually did was to question the validity, delivery, accuracy and credibility of a public statement which was watched by millions and, whilst apparently lacking in verifiable evidence or fact, was perceived as being personally and nationally damaging.

I can find absolutely no fault in what he said and yet there have been direct adverse personal implications for him since he said what he did.  Ergo - as a consequence of speaking freely, within the legal privileges bestowed for freedom of thought and speech, he (appears) to have been persecuted by the so called forward thinking metropolitan commentariat.

Setting aside the lizard theory, it is as simple as - has there been an adverse reaction to what he said Y/N?

If Y, has it had consequences?

Are the consequences of sufficient gravity so as to potentially dissuade another 'man on the Clapham omnibus' from making a similar statement?

I'll  "see" your lizard theory and "raise" you a flowchart....   

Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 18.29.39.png

12 minutes ago, Khriss said:

....Er that's smelling not spelling , Kev , Bats staying in tonight apparently,  on Way home 😐  K

Oh crap, I think I'm getting athletic!

PS. did you hear the one about the Dyslexic, agnostic animal lover?

He didn't believe there was a dog 😂😇

Or

The Dyslexic pimp?  Bought a warehouse!

Or

The Dyslexic devil worshipper?  Sold his soul to Santa....

Oh crap, these rainy days staying in by the fire and wasting my life online are (thankfully) few and far between!

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, daveatdave said:

evidently the interview lasted 3 hrs. but was edited down to 2    

Not watched it myself and don't intend to, but apparently its actually only just over an hour, the rest is advertising and padding out with repeating parts "coming up" and "previously".

• Like 1