Funny grooves

gobbypunk

1 hour ago, gobbypunk said:

Hi Andy no everything people have suggested I have given a go new bands ,gone over with spanners ,levelled rails twice ,and a grand a day thats just a laugh you are the one who keeps saying that it is user error and its easy to set up But you are not willing to come and Show me how Easy it is unless I give you money I just dont have but I just dont want to argue either come and easily put it right for the bragging rights or please just stop running me down All I have ever done is ask as I did not know .Hi Les yeah my thicknesser is 3 phase we got a Transwave Converter ,works grate 

Upgraded bushes available from woodlands FOC !!!! 

Hi yep thats the next job they arrived mid last week just have not had time yet hopefully tomorrow .Thanks everyone who has suggested what I may be missing .

You’ve got time to complain on here that it doesn’t work but you haven’t got time to fit the parts that might make it work. What a predicament.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 01/03/2021 at 10:46, gobbypunk said:

The parts only arrived on thursday ,Friday and Saturday morning were spent moving a Mullberry tree that took some digging and after that my ankle hurt all day sunday so no I am not just sat around moaning .

How’s progress with the mill ?? 
you keeping an eye on the guides ?? They have a tendency to move a bit I’ve noticed. 

B1594E39-017E-45EC-8F34-7F5EFF123E09.jpeg

• Like 1

The parts only arrived on thursday ,Friday and Saturday morning were spent moving a Mullberry tree that took some digging and after that my ankle hurt all day sunday so no I am not just sat around moaning .
How's the ankle doing overall mark ? After my fusion op I carried on for a while commercial mobile milling, but the pain would be beyond unbearable. 3 days work would lead to 2 more unable to walk. After a year an opportunity unlooked for popped up out the blue to make me change direction. 2 years later I've sold my lucas mill, but still kept my woodlands126 as a hobby/ one day retirement mill. The damage to my ankle was nothing as extreme as yours, so I don't know how you do it.
Shaun
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

UHi Shaun cool as to hear from you sorry to hear your ankle still gives you grief,what are you doing now you dont mill full time ,my ankle is odd as F##c at home with slippers on its not too bad hurts when I first stand up on it I get some wobbley moments then mostly ok but as soon as I put any kind of boots  trainers on my foot feels odd and by 3/4 in the afternoon its giving me a lot of grief ,I have a massage pad that helps a bit my Doc was surprised I got back walking as good as I did let alone back milling I do have to be so carefull in the yard rolling logs around ,but what else am I going to do ,I have found myself drinking a bit more but hey I am lucky they didnt cut my foot off so I will just crack on slowly ,shit happens and we just got to wade through it ,Glad you are doing ok ace to hear from you Take Care   Mark

• Like 1

On 28/02/2021 at 18:55, Stubby said:

I kinda touched on that a while back .

My mates Norwood has this problem I'm fairly sure but it is ancient-ish...as you go down the cut it goes  through phases of vibration which you can feel in the carriage as a side to side wobble and the finish on the board reflects this...when I've used the mill it bugs me but he doesn't care.

After a bit of an inspection I put it partly down to the carriage rollers and or the rails which are fixed to concrete and possibly an over vibrating engine but as it's generally only used for rough timbers he's happy.

• Like 1

UHi Shaun cool as to hear from you sorry to hear your ankle still gives you grief,what are you doing now you dont mill full time ,my ankle is odd as F##c at home with slippers on its not too bad hurts when I first stand up on it I get some wobbley moments then mostly ok but as soon as I put any kind of boots  trainers on my foot feels odd and by 3/4 in the afternoon its giving me a lot of grief ,I have a massage pad that helps a bit my Doc was surprised I got back walking as good as I did let alone back milling I do have to be so carefull in the yard rolling logs around ,but what else am I going to do ,I have found myself drinking a bit more but hey I am lucky they didnt cut my foot off so I will just crack on slowly ,shit happens and we just got to wade through it ,Glad you are doing ok ace to hear from you Take Care   Mark

Hi Mark,

The unexpected opportunity was a guy saying " you work with wood ,- would you like to be a cooper for my distillery ?" I had no knowledge of casks and barrels other than having seen the cooperages on a agricultural study tour to the cognac region of France back in the mid 1980s.! He arranged a crash course in cask working from the Jameson distillery here in Cork. Now 2 ½ years later 2100 casks have passed through my hands. I love the job, has some great perks, and I'm expected to taste and comment almost daily. Producing top shelf whiskeys , gin and soon to start vodka. Employed, 3days/week, not in the mud,shit and rain, but not as fit as I used to be, what a lucky turn.

Most of the time the ankle is great, being fused it doesn't move in the same way anymore, doesn't bend or rotate, so all movements come from toes or knees which has its fatigueing downsides. Downhill slopes / stairs are painfull, could walk uphill all day long. Could not have carried on milling with it. Mine was simple wear and tear, I remember yours was a considerable smash, so I guess way more troublesome.

Clonakilty distillery Facebook, twitter and Instagram has some pics /vids of me at work [emoji4]