The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

6 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Just visited the local saw shop and seen one just like mine for €2400.

Looking more closely it is actually better finished and put together hut in every other aspect the same machine I bought from Agri-euro delivered on a pallet for €1372.

Stuart

The only differences seem to be things like stop bars (which are redundant) and better finished chutes. What did you notice about it having seen one in the flesh? 

58 minutes ago, doobin said:

The only differences seem to be things like stop bars (which are redundant) and better finished chutes. What did you notice about it having seen one in the flesh? 

Better quality stop button, edges of main parts finished better, chute pivot better design but very similar.

Same machine in every other way.

I'm still chuntering over a tracked mini-dumper,  my chosen model under different brands with different makes of engine cost from 2634euros up to 3300

Stuart

1 hour ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Better quality stop button, edges of main parts finished better, chute pivot better design but very similar.

Same machine in every other way.

I'm still chuntering over a tracked mini-dumper,  my chosen model under different brands with different makes of engine cost from 2634euros up to 3300

Stuart

What’s on your shortlist? 

The fact you can buy a Kohler engine for not much more than £400 would make me question the price straight away. Not that you can swap a loncin to Kohler even if you wanted to do that one day. 

A sinolink would cost you £1100 ish bought direct, same engines, similar builds. You can get one in the UK for 1400 inc. 

When my Jansen flail mower didn't fit together their solution?

... Hit it with a big hammer 🔨. Yeah thanks guys I could probably have figured that out myself. Ok it works just fine but you're not necessarily paying for better units I would say, just that someone else figured out which ones are decent and imported it for you.

• Like 1

Also... On the flip side shipping is crazy expensive at the moment. Say a decent Chinese chipper is £650 direct. 2 years ago you could import it for £50 a unit, double it's price and it's now £1400 Inc vat at an ok margin. Even in small numbers. Now that same shipping would be £250 maybe? So the same chipper is £1800 after margin and vat. Maybe more. Then you have brands selling direct Vs indirect that could add 30-40% more again. 

The point is as with all things but especially at the moment don't assume a 2500 chipper is any different to a £1400 one. It's perfectly possible it's the same product and you're not even getting ripped off for the 2500 one. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, doobin said:

What’s on your shortlist? 

This one from Agri-Euro is essentially the same as the Jansen unless there is some hidden McTrickery like a different gear box.

No delivery charge either so €800 less expensive.

Brouette à moteur GeoPorter H-540D Hydro - Caisson dumper 500Kg

However I really need a box with folding sides or log carrier both of which can be bought separately from Jansen.

This week we had a pine to remove.

No room for the tractor but I could have easily rolled the rounds of wood to where a tracked dumper could have driven too and backed out, no messy turning. Even so, I'd probably buy a few ground mats.

Stuart

This link from Alibaba appears to show the entire range of what for example Rock Machinery sell in the UK, plus freight / duty / VAT.  However they declined to ship a single unit to the UK ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ben Pinnick said:

Aliexpress is the direct version of Alibaba. TBH you can find cheaper in the UK and shipping is so crazy on this stuff right now (in singles) its not worth it even with factory direct savings.

€580 15hp chippette €1280 delivery fee...

Stuart