The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

There are varying differences to all the chippers your talking about not loads but a bit… I pop in now and then and do my best to keep with this thread. We have a comparative chipper to one we sell that is some 30kg lighter….theirs no counterweights on these its lost in the frame and other bits. Electric start vs non, swivel schute vs non, bearings….. electrics, battery’s and the like. The cost prices did go up last year but has fallen back a bit now and supply isn’t a huge issue at all. As a dealer there isn’t 40% mark up mind you so your not overpaying by that much 

Edited by ross_sandhill
  • Like 1

I love this chipper. 

For anyone thinking of buying one, go as narrow as possible. Who cares if you can’t tow it around? A wee chipper is useless if it won’t fit into a job. 

Shitty eucalyptus reduction and some magnolia butchery. Strong candidate for worst access of the last twelve months. Fifty metre narrow path and then this sharp turn. Bumped it round, squeezed it in. Saves literally hours. 

ACEBA411-C173-405A-A571-88904F94E2CC.jpeg

43662862-44DA-4362-9C51-56DF58DEAE17.jpeg

F0034C10-AA5F-400D-B36B-84B2A357C934.jpeg

4C44D015-08F2-42AF-955B-776B58F9EED4.jpeg

• Like 2

Pinched from a Quebec arb guy I follow. I think he normally works with slightly larger machines...

FB_IMG_1641309878550.thumb.jpg.199d4f7095a62a219d1a67b1b712b266.jpg

A pretty organised homeowner I’ve climbed for a few times now said the first time that I worked for him that he had a chipper. I internally rolled my eyes. He then produced one of those pretty good, top end of the bottom end ones. A bit bigger than a Timberwolf 13/75. Worked brilliantly on several jobs.

And the one time I forgot my saw batteries freelance climbing, the end client luckily happened to have five of the Stihl pro series ones.

• Haha 1

Please can an I as those of you who are running the lower budget Chinese made chippers a question? (such as Rock machinery/sinolink/crytec/lumag/hyundai machines)

what do you do for spare blades? or are they a close enough copy of the CS100 to use those blades?

many thanks 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, andyk12 said:

Please can an I as those of you who are running the lower budget Chinese made chippers a question? (such as Rock machinery/sinolink/crytec/lumag/hyundai machines)

what do you do for spare blades? or are they a close enough copy of the CS100 to use those blades?

many thanks 

Most dealers offer spare blades. Some are total ripoff, but others OK. I recently managed to pick up two sets for £30ex VAT a set!