Best Combi can.

Allar

The stihl has the best nozzles for sure. Sadly the stihl ones don’t fit in all my saws so I now use the husky can. Good can but the quick fill nozzles are crap. They don’t close properly so when I start filling up the oil I usually have to hold the petrol nozzle shut.
The Oregon can is too thin and collapses out of shape if not left vented in hot weather. Nozzles are good though.

I must see if the Oregon nozzles fit the husky can and go for the Frankenstein hybrid can !

Oregon nozzles fit the stihl can. I use stihl fuel nozzle and Oregon oil as I always snap the stihl oil ones for some reason

Oregon nozzles fit the stihl can. I use stihl fuel nozzle and Oregon oil as I always snap the stihl oil ones for some reason
Likewise Stihl nozzle fits the Oregon can, which works for me. I just have the Stihl auto petrol one, oil is easy enough to pour from a spout without spilling.

That would give a clear can with nozzle that works which is what the OP is looking for.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

Likewise Stihl nozzle fits the Oregon can, which works for me. I just have the Stihl auto petrol one, oil is easy enough to pour from a spout without spilling.

That would give a clear can with nozzle that works which is what the OP is looking for.

Yeah that's currently my plan, unless someone changes my mind :)

But yeah i would get Stihl auto for gas and just use the basic spout for oil, don't think the auto would work for oil anyway due the cold temperature.

Edited by Allar

18 minutes ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

What on earth is he on about having nowhere to put the nozzles? Screw them on, bloody plonker. 

So what is the peculiar fitting for on the side of the Stihl?  As you say my nozzles stay on all the time but they are just plain nozzles with screw-on caps.

The auto fill ones can be more trouble, backed up by some comments here

22 hours ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Works well. Full to the top is slightly over 100ml. If you use the normal 1L measuring bottle you can fill them to exactly 100ml. Buy oil in bulk bottles, works out cheap.

Why not just pour the oil in straight out the 1l measuring bottle into combi?. 

Just don't see the point in pouring it in to all the wee bottles, just extra work.

I used to use an empty 1 shot container but now far easier with those 1l measuring bottles and just keep topping it up from a bigger/cheaper can.

Treated myself to a husky can a couple off years ago, 1st time ever I've had a can with auto fill caps and can carry a plug key/file.

The auto fills are crap and I flung them away after 1 month.

Do like the tool holder design but don't like it being orange pita filling at night with head torch, be better if clear, but still going well after 3 years.

Still got my original cans must be over 20 years old now, original old round type from Clarks, only problem don't hold agile or p!ug kry, but still going strong. Always have atleast 1 full spare combi in van.

6 minutes ago, drinksloe said:

Why not just pour the oil in straight out the 1l measuring bottle into combi?. 

Just don't see the point in pouring it in to all the wee bottles, just extra work.

I used to use an empty 1 shot container but now far easier with those 1l measuring bottles and just keep topping it up from a bigger/cheaper can.

Because i don't carry the bigger bottle out on jobs, i keep those spare 100ml bottles in the combi can. Also, i previously had the 5L bottle of Stihl oil, so it needed to be measured out one way or another. Bought that 1L bottle as ran out of oil but not using my saws much at the moment.

You're right, in a way it seems pointless. When i'm doing it fulltime i'll get a second combi can. Unlikely to run out with 10L on hand.

Edited by Moose McAlpine

23 hours ago, Billhook said:

So what is the peculiar fitting for on the side of the Stihl?  As you say my nozzles stay on all the time but they are just plain nozzles with screw-on caps.

The auto fill ones can be more trouble, backed up by some comments here

I’ve no idea about the peculiar fitting, pretty sure that went straight in the bin for me. It’s an odd concept though isn’t it? I really easy to use no leak nozzle that you... take off after every use? 🤔

I’ve been lucky and have never really had issues with the auto fill nozzles. Think one of my oil ones is nearly ten years old. But I’m using it myself mostly, rather than employees. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

I’ve no idea about the peculiar fitting, pretty sure that went straight in the bin for me. It’s an odd concept though isn’t it? I really easy to use no leak nozzle that you... take off after every use? 🤔

I’ve been lucky and have never really had issues with the auto fill nozzles. Think one of my oil ones is nearly ten years old. But I’m using it myself mostly, rather than employees. 

I am probably being thick but I mean the grey fitting on the side which does not seem to obviously hold anything.

My can is transparent but the grey fitting is the same .  someone is bound to come along as say "Well it's for storing your ******** stupid!"

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

Great prices on your favourite Gardening brands, and free delivery on eligible orders.