Ladies chainsaw trousers ๐Ÿ™‚

SamanthaSunny

14 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

I've got the curved blade sugoi. Luckily i'm 6'2 and the 360mm scabbard fits my lower leg perfectly. If you're going to get one, I'd suggest a curved blade. Also think of where you're going to have it when climbing. If you're going to have it on your lower leg then make sure its not too long. If you're going to mount it to the harness then the smaller ones are nicer.ย 

ย 

ย I've tried the straight ones from the utility guys as they have to have the straight blade for removing ivy from power poles. Apparently they had a few accidents of curved blades cutting the wires that run down inside the conduit. Personally I don't think they cut anywhere near as fast or as nicely but each to their own!ย 

So a curved one is best ๐Ÿ™‚ thatโ€™s great advice thank you Paddy. I am looking to order one today with money I got for Christmas ๐ŸŽ„ so you recommend sugoi ?ย 

10 minutes ago, Khriss said:

On thatย  Ivy and Utility crap, i would just use Poundland saws and save the Silky fr climbing work / fruit trees.ย 

ย 

@SamanthaSunny that Stihl one looks great,ย  Silky brand can go over 60 squids, paid 90 fr a hyauchi head on its own.ย  K

Gosh the price of just starting out is building. I do believe you get what you pay for though ๐Ÿ™‚

10 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Yes. But good to put on fr some logging up when yr saw trousers are soaked wet. Kย  ย ( gonna bloody end up buying more off ebay at this rate ๐Ÿ˜ฎ )ย 

Iโ€™m going to buy a pair of them then because they look useful ๐Ÿ™‚ I need a Money tree ๐ŸŒฒ ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SamanthaSunny said:

So a curved one is best ๐Ÿ™‚ thatโ€™s great advice thank you Paddy. I am looking to order one today with money I got for Christmas ๐ŸŽ„ so you recommend sugoi ?ย 

It's personal preference! The Zubat is probably the better one to go for really. The sugoi is massive and if I was to do it again I would have got a smaller one for climbing!ย 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, SamanthaSunny said:

Gosh the price of just starting out is building.

Slow down then, whoever you work for will have adequate tools, you don't need chainsaw trousers till you need to use a chainsaw and steel toe capped boots with reinforced mid sole is all that is needed , gloves eye and ear protection are essential for by a chipper and to avoidย  hearing problems like I have consider ear plugs as well as muffs if you get stuck on the chipper. Also if you wear safety glasses they tend to make the muffs let more noise in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's the one I would have gone for if I did it again. It's the same blade that's on my pole saw and I have cut some chunky stuff (8") with it before using minimal effort!ย 

ย 

The zubat has more teeth per inch so is a smoother cut too. My sugoi has a more aggressive tooth pattern and is a bit angry in the tree and has a habbit of getting stuckย ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SamanthaSunny said:

Is this any good ? ๐Ÿ™‚

B626B95F-58B3-49D3-A58E-50EB36F3FBEC.jpeg

Bit dear there - cheaper are frjones but 270mm is prob better choice for shorter stature if itโ€™s strapped to your leg or hanging from belt. Iโ€™m 5ft 8โ€ and the 330mm in a sawpod is a tad too long for me

• Thanks 1