Ladies chainsaw trousers πŸ™‚

SamanthaSunny

32 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

I keep a fold up Bigboy in my day bag, just in case for eventualities, as I have both curved and straight I have a choice and I can't explain why but prefer the straight.

Thank youΒ Β πŸ™πŸΌ I’m hoping to lend one of theirs to see how I get on before I buy one x actually I do not know how much they cost πŸ™‚

Just now, SamanthaSunny said:

Thank youΒ Β πŸ™πŸΌ I’m hoping to lend one of theirs to see how I get on before I buy one x actually I do not know how much they cost πŸ™‚

Basically straight ones if yr doing lil felling cuts. Curved ones better for reducing / smaller cuts / fruit trees as you get a better reach around. Plus the grecian curve is more aggressive. Or just buy wot the bloody hell you fancy πŸ˜‹Β  K

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SamanthaSunny said:

The fold up ones are expensive. When I was working I sometimes had the job of replacing Silky Gomtaro blades for the climbers, as they had to be in tip top nick for them. I would bring the old blades home and sharpen then with a feather edge diamond file, wrap tape around to form a handle and give them away. The chap that owns the narrowboat I used to crew on uses his for collecting firewood on the canal. I've recently done the same for the blade off a telescopic Silky and will use that for volunteer work on public rights of way when we are allowed to.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Basically straight ones if yr doing lil felling cuts. Curved ones better for reducing / smaller cuts / fruit trees as you get a better reach around. Plus the grecian curve is more aggressive. Or just buy wot the bloody hell you fancy πŸ˜‹Β  K

What do you think about this one πŸ™‚Β 

90C7E54A-629A-4009-BF5A-B037AB1E2DAE.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

The fold up ones are expensive. When I was working I sometimes had the job of replacing Silky Gomtaro blades for the climbers, as they had to be in tip top nick for them. I would bring the old blades home and sharpen then with a feather edge diamond file, wrap tape around to form a handle and give them away. The chap that owns the narrowboat I used to crew on uses his for collecting firewood on the canal. I've recently done the same for the blade off a telescopic Silky and will use that for volunteer work on public rights of way when we are allowed to.

Awwww that cool did you sharpen them because you were expected too or because you are a good person πŸ™‚ I would probably make the blades worse than they were before πŸ˜‚

I've got the curved blade sugoi. Luckily i'm 6'2 and the 360mm scabbard fits my lower leg perfectly. If you're going to get one, I'd suggest a curved blade. Also think of where you're going to have it when climbing. If you're going to have it on your lower leg then make sure its not too long. If you're going to mount it to the harness then the smaller ones are nicer.Β 

Β 

Β I've tried the straight ones from the utility guys as they have to have the straight blade for removing ivy from power poles. Apparently they had a few accidents of curved blades cutting the wires that run down inside the conduit. Personally I don't think they cut anywhere near as fast or as nicely but each to their own!Β 

• Thanks 1

On thatΒ  Ivy and Utility crap, i would just use Poundland saws and save the Silky fr climbing work / fruit trees.Β 

Β 

@SamanthaSunny that Stihl one looks great,Β  Silky brand can go over 60 squids, paid 90 fr a hyauchi head on its own.Β  K

• Sad 1