Husqvarna 560xp problems

Snooze247

5 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Well, I apologise. Done it many times before with no issues. Are the husky clutches different to the external stihl ones somehow?

Don't do what I said! 😂

Outboard clutches can unwind, the inboard ones won't as the clutch drum and sprocket are held on with a circlip so the clutch can't come off.

Adw- will have a look at the filter now and see what I can find. Is it possible a build up of dirty oil has blocked it from keeping oil in the saw overnight? I always found it strange when I took the clutch cover off there was dry oil in amongst the saw dust. 

Paddy- oil adjustment was halfway though if I'm still having problems after checking the filter will try it on full. 

Kriss- thanks, bar oil holes all ok

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Outboard clutches can unwind, the inboard ones won't as the clutch drum and sprocket are held on with a circlip so the clutch can't come off.

I'm on about outboard clutches like on the top handled saws. If I am having issues I usually run it up to around 1/4 throttle, see if it's dripping and come off. I can imagine they can come off if you spent ages revving/blipping the throttle or something silly though. 

6 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

I'm on about outboard clutches like on the top handled saws. If I am having issues I usually run it up to around 1/4 throttle, see if it's dripping and come off. I can imagine they can come off if you spent ages revving/blipping the throttle or something silly though. 

Outboards should be all the same. Maybe the Stihls are done up tighter as they have the hex on them.

When i bought my 3120 i ran it and revved it without a bar or chain and it didn't fall apart or spontaneously combust..

I think it's more a case that it can come loose, not it will come loose.

Edited by Moose McAlpine

I see its one of the " Techlight " bars . I had problems with them early on . They slowly de laminated . It was not obvious at first , the chain seemed to go slack quickly , then it would throw chains . Eventually I could see the bar coming apart . Ditched them and went over to Sugihara bars .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Outboards should be all the same. Maybe the Stihls are done up tighter as they have the hex on them.

When i bought my 3120 i ran it and revved it without a bar or chain and it didn't fall apart or spontaneously combust..

I think it's more a case that it can come loose, not it will come loose.

Stihl clutch carriers are 33Nm which is pretty tight, probably why it hasn't come off. I don't know about husky or how you even do it up! 

4 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Stihl clutch carriers are 33Nm which is pretty tight, probably why it hasn't come off. I don't know about husky or how you even do it up! 

You get a toothed tool for them, which no-one ever buys they generally chisel the clutch on/off, which is probably why later Husky clutches are never tightened right.

(I do mine with a camshaft pulley holding tool..)

• Like 1

Does anyone know if its possible to just empty the remaining oil out and add fuel to the oil pump and clean it out that way rather than taking everything apart? The arborist I worked with before often did it. 

Also what exactly causes the oil blockages? Just so I can avoid it in the future at all costs