Husqvarna 560xp problems

Snooze247

Hi Folks, 

I've been having problems with my husky 560xp since the day I bought it and before so had always used stihl

Two months ago when using the saw to take down a Spruce there was a variety of problems though I'm sure it's all down to one cause which I can't figure out. Firstly the chain keeps slacking and the cover nuts have been coming off which has caused the chain cover bar and chain to fall off while in use. On top of that the bar has been burning out causing massive burs. I took it originally to my local husky service dealor and they assured me it was a problem which the chain tensioner so they replaced it and the bar due to the damage caused from the chainsaw burning out so much. 

Today whilst using the chainsaw for the first time after it was serviced, right away all the same problems started happening again. After this, I put a new chain on the chainsaw which tightened fine but as soon as I started cutting with it the chain went loose and wouldn't tighten back into place. Obviously a new chain tensioner has already been replaced so I'm assuming it must be something else. Anyone any ideas what it might be?

I will attach some photos though not sure if they will actually indicate anything. You can see on the bar it was starting to burn out but this was after only one cut. 

IMG_20201229_191141.jpg

IMG_20201229_191145.jpg

IMG_20201229_191352.jpg

IMG_20201229_191403.jpg

IMG_20201229_191412.jpg

IMG_20201229_191624.jpg

The chain and everything else looks very dry? Is it oiling properly? If you tension it up and it doesn't get oil it will get hot and go slack. It also shouldn't be burning out bars, especially not from a loose chain. Loose chains will accelerate wear on the tip usually but not burn out the bar.

• Like 2

Does the saw run ok? the only reason I ask is I have seen a fair few shed the main bearing cage, this causes a strange vibration and low power, it's amazing they even run at all, assuming it's oiling ok and the oil pump gear is in good condition, it could well be a main bearing issue.

Paddy-I don't think it is actually oiling well now that you mention it. Initially I thought it might have been an issue with the oil as it has been leaking out whilst in my shed quite a fair bit though I was told this is completely normal. On top of that when I take the the cover off its almost as though there has been a build up of oil that has hardened in amongst the saw dust. Do you know what would be causing the oil issue? 

Adw-The saw itself feels fine. I think all of the problems seem connected to the bar and chain. The oil issue sounds like it could be defiantly the problem though I'm not entirely sure how to approach it. 

Clutch off, sprocket off, pull the pump drive gear behind off and check the condition of the screw also the area that engages to the back of the sprocket, remove the two screws securing the pump, tip the saw on its side and lift the pump away with the oil delivery/pick up pipe, check the filter on the end, there is very little to go wrong with the pump other than blockages.

2 minutes ago, adw said:

Do not run it with no bar and chain fitted, the clutch can and will spin off on the over run, this is a very dangerous thing to do

Well, I apologise. Done it many times before with no issues. Are the husky clutches different to the external stihl ones somehow?

Don't do what I said! 😂