Oak tree for sale/fell

Alex1095

I think those saying anywhere around the 1100 ish + vat if applicable are about right in my view.
I agree on circa 300 + vat to do the stump properly.

It’s always tricky gauging volumes from the picture but I could see that job being 2 1/2 -3 loads ( transit sized in waste ).
It’s an easy looking tree and easily achievable in good time in a day.

I can’t agree with factoring in breakdowns and attributing it to the quote of that particular job.
Tree work is some of the hardest going on kit , I look after my kit pretty well but I probably don’t go more than a week without something needing a fix
That’s arb work. I generally see breakdowns as spread out across the life of a machine ( stupidity accidents aside )

This goes back to the point of pricing. These jobs should be priced so you are covering everything and the business is left with a clear profit after. If you cry about a chainsaw blowing up on a job I suspect you definitely aren’t pricing right on most of your jobs.
I’m glad to see people in this thread putting a sensible price on the tree and I suspect their businesses are doing well

The tree is easy for a reason- you know what your doing. Don’t undervalue that point.
Put a fair price on it and bank the profit

Far too many people undervaluing their work. It will always happen. Just try not to let it be one of you ....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lux said:

The tree is easy for a reason- you know what your doing. Don’t undervalue that point.
Put a fair price on it and bank the profit

Far too many people undervaluing their work. It will always happen. Just try not to let it be one of you ....

So very true. It frustrates me that too many of us underprice jobs - the customers need to appreciate the costs we face buying and running the decent kit that enables us to do the job "so quickly". Still, as I have plenty of work booked in, I am not going to be underquoting. Most firms around me seems pretty busy, so why underquote at all? 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 22/12/2020 at 21:01, Alex1095 said:

Guys I got a quote for 750 to fell the tree and get rid of the extras. Can't find anyone that will have the wood at the moment. But is 750 average? 

Hi Alex, Please could you share me the tree surgeons contacts who quoted for 750 GBP.  I have got the same kind of work which I am after quotes around midlands.

• Haha 1

On 29/12/2020 at 19:42, djbobbins said:

At risk of going off topic - a mate’s dad when I was growing up was a joiner doing bespoke windows, staircases etc. He had a saying about “it’s worse than being in prison” for anywhere he went that the people didn’t offer him a drink - the implication being than even in clink you get a cuppa. If no drinks on the first day he used to take a flask and stick some extra on the bill!!

I call it twat tax

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, San said:

Hi Alex, Please could you share me the tree surgeons contacts who quoted for 750 GBP.  I have got the same kind of work which I am after quotes around midlands.

Do we know if he ever got the job done? maybe they dropped it through his front room and ran offxD