Wooden baby toys

Steve Bullman

When my daughter was young I looked for ages to get some wooden blocks.
All were made using dubious wood and colourings.
So I just made a few cubes,rectangles triangles, arches and circles out of 1” oak and sanded the edges.
They really worked well.
Indestructible teething toys,
Stacking towers
Unicorn pen
Etc.
Simple natural and fun.
[emoji106]

• Like 2

Does anyone here make any types of wooden baby toys? We just added theses stacking dinosaurs to our range and are looking to find some original things to add to the site.

1795905051_dinos-together(1).jpg.6aadf272fe667bc5d712c7947f504752.jpg
My first attempt at making a wooden toy car, all turned on lathe. Made in last 6 months.

Love wooden toys, hoping to make more of them.

H.received_1389057001486916.jpegreceived_197682922031129.jpegreceived_1856870361128351.jpeg
  • Like 2

Does anyone here make any types of wooden baby toys? We just added theses stacking dinosaurs to our range and are looking to find some original things to add to the site.

It's interesting to see how things are pink and blue again, put those sexes back in place. Would have definitely been yellow red and green when my kids were younger.
  • Like 1

Just now, Dan Maynard said:
11 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Read more  

It's interesting to see how things are pink and blue again, put those sexes back in place. Would have definitely been yellow red and green when my kids were younger.

Oh there’s a bunch of that crap out there. Everyone’s selling rainbow stacking toys 

• Like 1

On 14/12/2020 at 22:07, Steve Bullman said:

Oh there’s a bunch of that crap out there. Everyone’s selling rainbow stacking toys 

It must be a very difficult market to break into. Kids today are just to spoilt, my included. When I was a kid I made do with toilet roll tubes as my cousin would not share his tin soldiers. ( I get reminded almost yearly)  There is so much enticing plastic junk out there that makes noises, moves and makes music. I buy it for me 2 and 1 year old. Pepa Pig mostly. :D 

But I do make them some toys too, the biggest projects where the rocking horse and the outdoor painting easel.  But unless we deprive them of the flashing lights and be-bop music making plastic Chinese junk I find they will always be drawn to that. 

But it is nice seeing them playing on the Rocking Horse, even for a short while and knowing it can be passed down to my kids is encouraging. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, gand said:

What's the website pal? The Mrs is after something for our little one 

MAMIINA.CO.UK

Choose from a selection of baby teething products. All testing in UK safety labs and free from BPA &...

actually there’s a 15% discount code you can use at checkout still

lockdown15