Calling all Camp Gyro users

Paddy1000111

3 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

So you've had 3 incidents that were caused by a blatant breach in HSe guidelines and you've not once been charged?

Thats not what I said, but no.

You seem to read things that aren't actually there.

But then you post things that aren't actually true, so no real change.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

Nope.

Well I guess that answers your own question then? If you had 3 incidents at work that were caused by a blatant breach of HSE regs, filled out a RIDDOR and HSE said "Oh you work for yourself, no worries bud" then we would be onto something. But you have basically said "I've not broken the law and have no experience of what happens when I do" and you're calling me and Khriss liars for saying that you can be charged for breaking the law? I don't get it? 

All I said is that a nearby farmer was repairing his roof with no safety equipment on his own farm, he fell off the roof, seriously injured himself and HSE charged him for it? I don't know the farmer on a personal level and I don't keep HSE reports for nearby farms on hand? I don't get what's so unbelievable about that story. I don't even know how to access all the HSE reports to find it? 

Edited by Paddy1000111

2 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Well I guess that answers your own question then? If you had 3 incidents at work that were caused by a blatant breach of HSE regs, filled out a RIDDOR and HSE said "Oh you work for yourself, no worries bud" then we would be onto something. But you have basically said "I've not broken the law and have no experience of what happens when I do" and you're calling me and Khriss liars for saying that you can be charged for breaking the law? I don't get it? 

I posted before releasing you had fictionalised my post, please see my edited post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, skyhuck said:

I posted before releasing you had fictionalised my post, please see my edited post.

But it's still the same? All we are talking about here is following the law. 2 rope working is the law and now you are saying that from your personal experience if you break the HSE guidelines and work illegally you can't be charged for it? 

You have said that my story is bullshit and if you work for yourself under a ltd company you can't be charged by hse? 

3 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

How much actual experience of this industry do you have?

These days this place seem to be full of people with very little idea posting as though they are seasoned experts.

I notice you skipped over my reference to your previous posts regarding freelancers and insurance..... funny that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Paddy1000111 said:

But it's still the same? All we are talking about here is following the law. 2 rope working is the law and now you are saying that from your personal experience if you break the HSE guidelines and work illegally you can't be charged for it? 

You have said that my story is bullshit and if you work for yourself under a ltd company you can't be charged by hse? 

Again you are saying things I did not say.

11 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Cos there are those who think some rules dont apply. It is a free country of course and you can do what the fvvk you like - course i have seen the consequenses of that from time to time but then,  thankfully, not to me. K

1 hour ago, Paddy1000111 said:

I don't no. It was a farmer, not exactly news paper stuff although loads of local companies have had similar fines:

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/firm-fined-100000-after-death-1089977

Instead if "inadequate edge protection" you could read "Inadequate fall protection" and imagine the 100k coming out of your pocket. Total cost with fees £111,060.40. Personally, I'd rather use a second rope and things take 5 minutes longer than have to pay out on that.

Out of interest, where would that put you if you had a freelancer working for you that was a "I've been doing this for x years, I climb on 1 rope, 2 ropes hold me back" I suppose as the employer you're liable? 

The problem I’ve got with it Paddy is that in a lot of situations 2 ropes actually increase the risk without providing a single discernible benefit.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

How much actual experience of this industry do you have?

Of this industry not a tonne but of being a ltd company and working for my self in other industries which involved working at height almost the entire time, a lot. Arboriculture doesn't have some magic exemption from the law, nor does it have it's own set of rules and laws. The story of the farmer doesn't include this industry but somehow that's bs? 

I didn't glaze over it, apart from saying that I have seen a freelancer sued for gross neglegence I don't know what you want me to say? We all have different experiences. 

I just don't get what you're arguing about, You haven't broken the law and you've not been charged for it? I've basically said "I was doing 40 in a 30 and I got a ticket for breaking the law" and you have said "I've done 30 in a 30 and I've not been given a ticket so you're lying" 🤷‍♂️