Calling all Camp Gyro users

Paddy1000111

5 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Well, when that goes wrong I don't fancy having my arse reamed by HSe. Don't think that because you're self employed you aren't going to get absolutely shafted

Its never gone wrong for you before ( I assume ) why should it now ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

I guess, but having recently started to climb on two rope, single rope just feels plain wrong! It's all fun and games until I fall 60ft out a tree and get to pay £100k for the experience

Do 2 ropes impact on your efficiency at all ( is it a pain in the arse ) ? Genuine question .

16 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

Why not just climb on a single rope and stop worrying about it, like 99% of us do?

👍

12 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Well, when that goes wrong I don't fancy having my arse reamed by HSe. Don't think that because you're self employed you aren't going to get absolutely shafted

I wouldn’t worry to much, as Fred Dibnah said “you only fall off once”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

Best have 3 ropes then, just to be on the safe side, like.

I get where you're coming from but the rules have changed as to accepted practices. If my anchor fails or I cut the line which hasn't happened yet but still. HSe will be all over me like a rash for not following the law. If I am up on 2 and I fall not just will HSe not charge me but my insurance is more likely to pay out the full amount. 

Apart from the inconvenience of setting another anchor and using 2 ropes which should be made a lot easier by the gyro, there's no reason not to use 2 ropes? 

Edited by Paddy1000111
  • Like 1

Hse hardly likely to be passing your workplace on the off chance, nearest office Cardiff or Basingstoke. Just don't f**k up.

Personally still continuing to climb on one long line and a side strop, will use a second main anchorand line when I deem appropriate such as moving about a wide spreading crown.

• Like 1