Brexit and the arb industry.

richy_B

6 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

However animal welfare...

I dont know much about the rest but I always assumed we had a higher standard of animal welfare than many of the countries on the Continent? Foie gras springs to mind. 

And Bull Fighting. :D 

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 1

Just now, Rough Hewn said:

Yeah the foxes love the chaseemoji849.png

I dont think being chased by a dog and the production of Foie gras are in the same league. 

But if thats the best example you can come back with I'll say my assumption was right and we do indeed having  significantly animal welfare than on the Continent. 

There it is. The state should be holding our hands through life.....
not for me thanks as predictable as it is sad. What happened to making your own way and luck in life?[emoji107]

Yeah the mad max scenario would be fun at first...
But no.
I prefer a civilised society with laws to protect the vulnerable.
Ever seen the words unscrupulous and business put together?
Read the history of the British east India company....
[emoji106]
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Do you really believe Britain isn’t as corrupt as the EU?
That kind benevolent business will lift up the working man?
Affordable housing?
Healthcare, education?
Wait til there’s no minimum wage,
Maximum working hours etc.

Have you ever heard of the strategic Russian strike ability?
Europe and America would be destroyed completely.
Russian would suffer 15-25% losses as the country is so vast, and there manufacturing spread out.

Really? Not that well thought-out is it?
1) Yep not everything is right in the UK... But the whole EU Gravy-Train has become a total lunacy situation that has worked against the UK for year.....
2) A good business will pay a fair wage... But if you want paying for doing nothing need I say more.. If you don't like working for someone else or a business. Try working for yourself... Then welcome to the real world.
3) Affordable Housing.... Yep fair point.... But there are areas of the country where housing is very cheap. You could move.
4) Minimum wage... Interesting point as it was the UK that brought that in to raise wages. Many EU countries don't have it. It is not an EU ruling.... So no change.
5) The working time directive was EU but the UK has added extra to it so we have a higher standard than many EU countries.
6) Yep if Russia launched all their missiles then yes there is a good chance that we will be wiped out. But all that contamination in the atmosphere would travel around the world and affect them.. Then add in the US, EU, NATO response and Russia will be gone as well...
At least you won't have anything to worry about.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Absolute tosh.
I worked for the EU in Brussels,
DG 5. Working conditions and labour law.
Maximum working hours and minimum wage.
To opt out of the maximum working hours are two separate extra contracts.
(One for over time and one for Sunday’s).
Without the EU it’s back to pay em as little as possible fir as long a day as possible.

Health and safety is quite “advanced” in the uk,
However animal welfare...
And food standards....

It did, fact.

Look at what Russia has been doing for 20+ years now.

emoji106.png

Oh dear, you are simple wrong. Having worked for the EU, I would have thought you would know the facts? What were you doing? 

The EU still does not have a mandatory minimum wage.

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/ATAG/2020/658208/IPOL_ATA(2020)658208_EN.pdf

We are world leaders on animal welfare, unlike many EU countries. 

WWW.WORLDATLAS.COM

Austria, New Zealand, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom are the best countries for animal welfare. Learn more about...

Really? Not that well thought-out is it?
1) Yep not everything is right in the UK... But the whole EU Gravy-Train has become a total lunacy situation that has worked against the UK for year.....
2) A good business will pay a fair wage... But if you want paying for doing nothing need I say more.. If you don't like working for someone else or a business. Try working for yourself... Then welcome to the real world.
3) Affordable Housing.... Yep fair point.... But there are areas of the country where housing is very cheap. You could move.
4) Minimum wage... Interesting point as it was the UK that brought that in to raise wages. Many EU countries don't have it. It is not an EU ruling.... So no change.
5) The working time directive was EU but the UK has added extra to it so we have a higher standard than many EU countries.
6) Yep if Russia launched all their missiles then yes there is a good chance that we will be wiped out. But all that contamination in the atmosphere would travel around the world and affect them.. Then add in the US, EU, NATO response and Russia will be gone as well...
At least you won't have anything to worry about.

Ok
1. I agree, it’s a gravy train.[emoji106]
2. I do! [emoji849]
3 I did. 🤣
4 nope.
5 nope.
6 nope
[emoji106]

Oh dear, you are simple wrong. Having worked for the EU, I would have thought you would know the facts? What were you doing? 

The EU still does not have a mandatory minimum wage.

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/ATAG/2020/658208/IPOL_ATA(2020)658208_EN.pdf

We are world leaders on animal welfare, unlike many EU countries. 
shutterstock-508418923.jpg WWW.WORLDATLAS.COM
Austria, New Zealand, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom are the best countries for animal welfare. Learn more about...  

I stated which department I worked for.

That’s pets only.
[emoji106]

I dont think being chased by a dog and the production of Foie gras are in the same league. 

But if thats the best example you can come back with I'll say my assumption was right and we do indeed having  significantly animal welfare than on the Continent. 

I’m reading my ten year old daughter animal farm by Orwell.
[emoji106]