Bandsaw Mill advice - Trakmet or other?

Shanemac

13 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

No offence and i do not know your wife so get a grip 

It was meant to taken humorously you bloody fool. 
Seriously Les even when people are taking you on with a bit of banter you manage to **************** it up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

It was meant to taken humorously you bloody fool. 
Seriously Les even when people are taking you on with a bit of banter you manage to **************** it up. 

Thats me toy but some odd balls about for sure. Fight fire with fire ??Just remember now mr johnsond i have used all these big gun hydraulic saws unlike most of you lot of pups and a man should know his limitations (trigger) 

Edited by topchippyles

5 hours ago, topchippyles said:

Easier option is just get a second hand one mark with all the extras on it mate,If you see what is involved  the cost would not be viable.I think anyone needing the hydraulic option needs to be milling a vast amount of stuff to justify the extra cost as a static mill can produce a lot in a short amount of time for the smaller user.All the guys i know using the larger mills are full time operators.

Yep, better of having something to load the mill with rather than trying to put hydraulics on it. I had a static/electric LT20 for a few years without hydraulics but I was using a tractor and forwarding crane to load it. Most logs can be rolled with a good size cant lever when its on the mill itself. Getting the log to the mill is usually the hardest part. The time saved from hydraulics is only worth it if you're using it all the time and the good thing about having a second machine is you can also use it to move all the sawn timber when you've finished - Especially if you work on your own like I used to.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Jamespepperpot said:

Yep, better of having something to load the mill with rather than trying to put hydraulics on it. I had a static/electric LT20 for a few years without hydraulics but I was using a tractor and forwarding crane to load it. Most logs can be rolled with a good size cant lever when its on the mill itself. Getting the log to the mill is usually the hardest part. The time saved from hydraulics is only worth it if you're using it all the time and the good thing about having a second machine is you can also use it to move all the sawn timber when you've finished - Especially if you work on your own like I used to.

Spot on and a loader makes a massive difference.Makes me laugh as guys will pay a few grand for a saw and 2/3K for a folk lift will make the job twice as quick and easy but they never seem to get one.I would not be without my excavator in a million years 

Edited by topchippyles

Yep I totaly agree I had most of the parts to make a hydrolic lifter but it was turning into a massive ball ache so I left it ,been trying to open a buisness account with the Natwest that has also turned into a ball ache ,I am going for a bounce back loan to get a tractor or loader ,better than forklift as I can use it to collect logs.Talking of collecting logs I have an old trailer in my yard on landrover wheels it needs work but if anyone wants it for free come and get it I will take some pics today

• Like 1

Avants with a Log Grab are brilliant bits of kit. The 750 can lift 1.5t quite easily and is a dream to load onto the bed. I get a buddies in for £100 from Friday to Monday morning, delivered inc fuel.

But for me the easiest solution is the Log Deck I built. Once they are loaded on I have over 10t of Logs that just need rolled over onto the Mill when its in position. Thats either loading up the deck with the Avant or when I get logs delivered they get loaded right onto the deck and behind it. 

• Like 1