Norwood bandmill part needed....ideas?

Squaredy

Have a look for oilite bushes, if you can get some with the correct outside diameter they are very easy to drill and ream the inside to fit, you probably will need to stack a few together to get the length you need, but at about a £1 each they might be worth a try.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CallumA said:

Try direct plastics if you can get someone to machine it for you I've used oilon rod and sheet for bushes and slides. Easy to machine and self lubricating.

Thank you for yet more helpful suggestions.  I will look into all these and let you know what I do!

Well there is a lesson here.  My one employee and I were looking at this part this morning and Mike said "There is a number on here - it might be a part number".  Not on the sleeve that I posted the photo of on Arbtalk, but the small assembly this fits into.  So we googled it and it took us straight to a UK website where the whole assembly is available next day with free delivery.  I have ordered six of them for £6 each and they should be here tomorrow.

Touch wood they arrive tomorrow, but what a contrast to getting from the dealer.

Incidentally I managed to get Norwood in Canada to offer to supply them and send them to me, but that was going to cost $100 Canadian dollars.  Better than £200 that it would have cost from the UK agent, but even so, what a scam - £15 dollars each for a tiny bit of plastic weighing less than a gram and another $40 postage.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Squaredy said:

Well there is a lesson here.  My one employee and I were looking at this part this morning and Mike said "There is a number on here - it might be a part number".  Not on the sleeve that I posted the photo of on Arbtalk, but the small assembly this fits into.  So we googled it and it took us straight to a UK website where the whole assembly is available next day with free delivery.  I have ordered six of them for £6 each and they should be here tomorrow.

Touch wood they arrive tomorrow, but what a contrast to getting from the dealer.

Incidentally I managed to get Norwood in Canada to offer to supply them and send them to me, but that was going to cost $100 Canadian dollars.  Better than £200 that it would have cost from the UK agent, but even so, what a scam - £15 dollars each for a tiny bit of plastic weighing less than a gram and another $40 postage.

Probly mostly Tax   ?  k

4 hours ago, Khriss said:

Probly mostly Tax   ?  k

Well the import duty on the parts from Canada would have come to about another £10 when they arrived in the UK.  Aren't we lucky in the UK to have 20%VAT thanks (in part) to the EU.  Purchase tax in most of the USA is around 6% in my experience.

• Sad 1