Husqvarna 435 wont start driving me nuts

CEE

5 hours ago, CEE said:

Thanks Stubby. The outboard is just mised with regular 2 stroke at 50:1. I did have 40:1 in it before with the expensive husqvarna oil.

I think it might be enough to make it grumble but not kill it completely.

My current guesses are either the impulse tubeway still isn't holding pressure - in fact I am surprised that it's a pipe of 3 or 4 bits of metal that seem to be just 'pressed togther' seems plenty of scope to go wrong. OR the aftermarket card is also sh*te and I've got 2 carbs on the blink unlikely but possible....

Husqvarna you are going down in my opinions very fast.

Don't use Land 2 stroke oil on water etc

4 hours ago, CEE said:

Actually I have a lot of Makita tools, grinders, circular saws, SDS drlls etc.. all are very good but I have a Makita orbital sander and it's absolute crap.

Metabo orbital 150mm is the nuts older one is used by De Walt now also Festool is good Bosch used to be good.

Old Bosch blue Jigsaw GST 85 and lower are good worth a refit.

That's bad luck should have picked up a clue with all your tests.  Couple of things to try, might help might not.

- heat the plug with hot air gun or blow torch till you need gloves to fit it. You might have evaporated excess fuel but that's probably left 2 stroke oil behind,  might be gunking up the plug, hot plug helps.

- a spark jumping a std spark plug gap isn't necessarily adequate when its in a cylinder with compression you want to jump a 4 or 5 mm gap. 

- timing might be off if the electronics in the coil are up the creek. Most coils will have an advance curve so it's retarded for easy starting and increases above idle for better performance.

- un route the ht lead so its in free air, if it has shorted to housing or wires etc you won't know it, you might learn something from trying the big air gap spark test.

- I'm guessing you've checked to flywheel gap. 

Keep at it,  sledge hammer might give you some satisfaction but it'll have beaten you if you go that route.

• Like 1

Ignition unit, be aware there more than one type, to get the correct unit first time remove the flywheel, on the underside will be the part no. of the flywheel, you then go to the parts list that shows that flywheel and use the ignition unit from that list.

• Like 1

Just in case since it’s driving me crazy I have a video of it. You need to have the sound on or it’s pretty meaningless.

So you can hear that it’s kinda firing while I pull then there is the tiniest blip then nothing.

You can’t see on the video very well but there is smoke / it’s defo burning something.

Anyway here goes in case anybody has a eureka moment.

How long between the last time it was used and now when it won't start?

You'd put money it being a fueling issue wouldn't you. 

Try some easy start spray, should run for a few seconds and if it does then you can say ignition is OK.

Did you check the metering arm height when you were in the carb ?

The thing is,  using the purge bulb draws fuel through the carb but it will also pull air the wrong way through the tiny low speed jets (its why you always get some tiny bubbles in the bulb), i just wonder if the metering diaphram has stiffened slightly while not in use and if the metering arm height was marginal maybe it's the opposite to what you think and not getting fuel. ... just thinking aloud. ..  Nah,  that's cobblers; on choke the engine will stuck fuel through ....

But try the easy start.  And try the hot plug. 

8 hours ago, CEE said:

Just in case since it’s driving me crazy I have a video of it. You need to have the sound on or it’s pretty meaningless.

So you can hear that it’s kinda firing while I pull then there is the tiniest blip then nothing.

You can’t see on the video very well but there is smoke / it’s defo burning something.

Anyway here goes in case anybody has a eureka moment.

Yes that fired and sounded normal to me . I would have shut the choke off immediately after that and expect it to run after the next couple of pulls .

Hi @bm01 I have cnaged the fuel to fresh. The same fuel is being used in hedge timmer no problems. I was about 3 months between it being used last but as I say it has been changed. I will try the easy start and the hot plug.

@Stubby that was with the choke off - I had done the choke thing first with same blip then put it off for the video. What you can't see is that i edited the video to make it smaller to upload and I have pulled it about 30 times after that with no starting just the odd blip.

Cheers

• Like 1