Husqvarna 435 wont start driving me nuts

CEE

I know I am being a grumpy old man but I still think that for a premium brand charging premium money It’s poor to fail like this.

the coil has no moving parts and doesn’t get desperately hot - I am sure they could have specified a more reliable one if they wanted

ive bought a £10 amazon replacement - it will be very interesting to see if it lasts longer than the OEM one

7 hours ago, CEE said:

I dont know how this is happening becuase you can see the spark on the spark plug when it's grounded and I tested the coil at be 0.5 Ohms (the spec) and I have got a 0.3mm feeler guage and set the air gap...

Firstly, well done in sorting it out and not giving up. 

WRT seeing a spark, that goes to prove the test isn't adequate.  As stated earlier you need to get a spark to jump 4 - 5 mm in free air to be confident there will be a spark in the cylinder with compression. And when the coil and ht lead is put under load you might find the insulation breaks down somewhere in side the coil or through the side of the ht lead.

Or it might be the spark is good but the coil timing gone for a poop.

Anyway, it's the result that counts,  nice one. 

Edited by bmp01
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, CEE said:

ive bought a £10 amazon replacement - it will be very interesting to see if it lasts longer than the OEM one

Could well have been made in the same factory as the OEM one on your " semi pro/home owner " saw .  Edit .. Sorry not meant to diss the level of saw just pointing out that the manufacturing costs will have been kept down compared with , say a 550Xp

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 2

Hold the phone

now runs like a dog it backfires and dies when you touch the throttle (although it’s not idling properly anyway) doesn’t get up enough speed to engage the clutch

ive changed the carb - I now own 3

ive changed the plug

i have taken off the flywheel and made sure that the keyway is intact which it is and done the flywheel back up to the required torque

ive checked the air gap

ive changed the fuel - again

when turning it over by hand with the plug out a puff of smoke comes back out of the air intake on each downstroke of the piston

back to square 1

12 minutes ago, CEE said:

Hold the phone

now runs like a dog it backfires and dies when you touch the throttle (although it’s not idling properly anyway) doesn’t get up enough speed to engage the clutch

ive changed the carb - I now own 3

ive changed the plug

i have taken off the flywheel and made sure that the keyway is intact which it is and done the flywheel back up to the required torque

ive checked the air gap

ive changed the fuel - again

when turning it over by hand with the plug out a puff of smoke comes back out of the air intake on each downstroke of the piston

back to square 1

Oh dear you not having much luck,get another saw if i was you