Who's getting bored or it. Now?

eggsarascal

15 hours ago, Khriss said:

Yer, Mr Giraffe ? wind it in ! Wot you know abat Drains eh ! Wot you know abat  hydraulic slurry fed boreholes under ver North Sea eh ! Naffing ! Makes me wonder why yer even on a bleeding Arboricultural & Forestry website like this ! Trees ? You can grow one ! Or grow a pair ?  K

Why am I here... I used to buy round wood and process it into logs, do you think I should go missing because I've stopped selling logs?

4 hours ago, Khriss said:

But Civil Liberty cuts both ways, yr not entitled to do what you like. Like jumping off a cliff or endangering others. Yr actions in Civil Society enevitably are controlled for many reasons. This is not to say wanton Police violence is the end result,  sadly lil Sturgeon is enjoying a platform at the mo'   ( bit like Blair in times past )  K

Totally agree that as responsible citizens we have an obligation to behave in a certain way. But to talk of legislation etc to maintain control over a situation that is nowhere near as bad as she is making out is a dangerous road to go down. Police Scotland have stated its unenforceable but the fact that it’s in the papers and being discussed without uproar is in itself worrying. 

• Like 1

On 31/05/2020 at 18:39, Mick Dempsey said:

We (the hired man and me, well mostly him tbh) built this during lockdown 

A carport for me and the wife’s cars, been talking about it for years, no excuses now.

Total cost of materials around 5k

Rather pleased with it.

image.jpg

Might be asking a daft question but with you being in the tree game could you not have milled most of that timber?? 5K seems a lot and and would have got a brand new woodlands and only roofing sheets to pay for.

Edited by topchippyles

1 hour ago, topchippyles said:

you being in the tree game could you not have milled most of that timber??

Count the 8"x2" lengths -  if that's what they are. Graded at C24? We built similar with rejected seconds & that still weren't cheap

Edited by Sutton

1 hour ago, topchippyles said:

Your point being ??

Timber can be expensive the direct route or the long way round. What are the costs of going to site and milling construction grade lumber (US?) and transporting it back compared to having those logs delivered in and milling them on site (& clean up). I get the pleasure of milling. I did it for years as a semi-hobby. My point is, it comes down to how much time you charge yourself out at

Edited by Sutton

13 minutes ago, Sutton said:

Timber can be expensive the direct route or the long way round. What are the costs of going to site and milling construction grade lumber (US?) and transporting it back compared to having those logs delivered in and milling them on site (& clean up). I get the pleasure of milling. I did it for years as a semi-hobby. My point is, it comes down to how much time you charge yourself out at

One decent load of larch delivered £500 and 1 day to mill what he used in that.With being in lock down is my point so time factor does not come into it if cannot work anyway.

Edited by topchippyles