Lockdown - has it totally failed?

Squaredy

3 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Mark seriously bud don’t ever presume to tell me what I should be doing or how I should conduct myself ok. As in all cases the actions of a minority tarnishes the majority. You judged everyone by the actions of a few. 
Did you ever serve in or attempt to join HM forces ?. That’s a genuine question by the way as I’m still trying to work out where all this angst for anything British or even slightly right of centre etc comes from. They were not all doing the salute you mention, they are all not fascists are they, just as all the previous weekend’s culprits were not too blame etc etc etc. You are probs one of the most extreme on here in regards views and politics Mark, but ive yet to attempt to label you in any way shape or form, something you often do at the slightest opportunity. 

If the person standing next to you started 'seig heiling', would you have a word or not?

If not, you're one of them.

My brother (whey closest friend since the age of five) recently got out after 22 odd years in the army. He came out as a first class warrant officer. I have nothing but respect for the forces. I don't agree with the government but that's a different kettle of fish.

I'm glad you think I'm one of the most 'extreme' on here.

Edited by Mark J

Lockdown Fails, currently seen 3 arrests by BTP this week for not wearing masks. Bus driver kick two skaters off bus for getting on without masks. With A0 size signs at every bus stop or train entrance saying 'you cannot use public transport without a mask' are these people **** stupid or just pushing their luck? K

40 minutes ago, Mark J said:

If the person standing next to you started 'seig heiling', would you have a word or not?

If not, you're one of them.

My brother (whey closest friend since the age of five) recently got out after 22 odd years in the army. He came out as a first class warrant officer. I have nothing but respect for the forces. I don't agree with the government but that's a different kettle of fish.

I'm glad you think I'm one of the most 'extreme' on here.

It’s warrant officer first class hence WO1. Thought after 22 years of service some of the ranks and traditions might have been explained to you. 
I tend not to be in these ridiculous hypothetical situations you described as a feeble poor means of trying to imply I’m one of them as you put it. You can use that ridiculous analogy in just about situation you want. Does that mean if I dont take the knee I’m in the wrong too. Fortunately we still have a bit of choice of who we are and what we react too. I’ve stepped up a few time’s in my life to protect those unable to protect themselves. You are indeed an extreme left winger Mark of that there is no doubt extreme to the point that reasoned debate is virtually impossible with you. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

It’s warrant officer first class hence WO1. Thought after 22 years of service some of the ranks and traditions might have been explained to you. 
I tend not to be in these ridiculous hypothetical situations you described as a feeble poor means of trying to imply I’m one of them as you put it. You can use that ridiculous analogy in just about situation you want. Does that mean if I dont take the knee I’m in the wrong too. Fortunately we still have a bit of choice of who we are and what we react too. I’ve stepped up a few time’s in my life to protect those unable to protect themselves. You are indeed an extreme left winger Mark of that there is no doubt extreme to the point that reasoned debate is virtually impossible with you. 

So you're one of them then. **************** off.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mark J said:

What a childish stupid playground level statement, absolutely pathetic. 

You totally don’t know me yet you pass that judgement. Like I say reasoned debate is impossible with you. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mark J said:

You know Mark I spent time in Northern Ireland, Bosnia and with the UN on other peacekeeping missions and saw first hand the results of attitudes like yours ie If you don’t think or say as we do you are one of them. I’m far more moderate and tolerant to other ideas than you seem to be. Feel free to sit behind the keyboard playing the left wing warrior routine. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

You know Mark I spent time in Northern Ireland, Bosnia and with the UN on other peacekeeping missions and saw first hand the results of attitudes like yours ie If you don’t think or say as we do you are one of them. I’m far more moderate and tolerant to other ideas than you seem to be. Feel free to sit behind the keyboard playing the left wing warrior routine. 

They were doing nazi salutes, I asked you if you'd condemn them if you were next to them. Your refusal to do so indicates that you wouldn't. That makes you one of them. Unless you happen to have a compelling reason why you might pretend to endorse it.

Edited by Mark J

Just now, Mark J said:

They were doing nazi salutes, I asked you if you'd condemn them if you were next to them. Your refusal to do so indicates that you wouldn't. That makes you one of them.

Or it could just mean he has no desire to get into it with a bunch of hooligans looking for a rukkus.

• Like 5