I'll never use echo again

Hanz-on

7 hours ago, PeteB said:

Back in the day, (maybe 30 years ago) I had a couple of twin cylinder Echo saws. They were good! Thirsty but by god, they cut cut!

6 hours ago, Khriss said:

First Echo's i ever saw in dealers in Cumbria - mad money but they looked beasts !   K

By mad money do you mean 3 coupons from yer ration book ? ?

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Khriss said:

.... Plus it allows hours of fun ripping you a new arsehole online whilst bored at home an  looking at a shed full of old saws to fix  ( which you now can't get parts delivered cos C19 ) whilst waiting for WineOclock,  followed by an evening knocking one out to that old Vera  Lynne album you got in charity shop, in yr kipper smelling slippers   ? K

All this no/slow delivery blaiming c19 is just lazy people looking for something to blame amazon still next day delivery radmore and tucker still nexday all the rest just looking for an excuse typical British attitude I hope the companies who didn't push through this fall by the wayside and those who worked through rise to the top.... saying that I am sat in me garden in me boxers in the sun eating barbeque and NOT working but I did wash the truck do the lawn trim the hedges teach my 6 year old to start the mower swings and round abouts 

• Like 2

On 05/05/2020 at 20:35, wicklamulla said:

Mark it is a known problem and has been for over 12 months.  I had lengthy discussions with an excellent echo rep. about it. 

I dont doubt you or the rep but it depends in what context he said it was a known issue. Is it a known problem as in they know it has happened as opposed to its a known issue in that it is a flaw/manufacturing problem causing the issue? If its the later then I would imagine recalls would have been on the cards as a bar and chain flying off due to a poor design is a very major problem.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
Got bored of waiting for a 151 to come into stock so here she is... not quite never again but I havnt used an echo for a month ?.... also forgot how cheap these are as well 
15916282012756105977107269108839.thumb.jpg.2940d01b643b5b7a48243da3cbeddd2e.jpg

Where did you get it from?

7 hours ago, Hanz-on said:

Got bored of waiting for a 151 to come into stock so here she is... not quite never again but I havnt used an echo for a month ?.... also forgot how cheap these are as well 

15916282012756105977107269108839.jpg

What did you pay? Is it 1/4 bar?

6 hours ago, gand said:

What did you pay? Is it 1/4 bar?

Honey bros. Yep  1/4 . Shouldnt really say what I paid but it wasn't a lot. I'm fairly certain the carving bar that's on it is slightly different from the last one I had (sold it so cant do a side by side) cant notice any other changes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

Let us know how it goes mate.

Apparently they have ironed out the sometimes temperamental starting issues with the new model.

Still loving my first generation model.

Couldn't fault mine - nicked years afterwards , as bloody seems to be the pattern  ?  K

• Like 1