Useful Bar lengths!

AngrySquirrel

Whats the most useful lengths and ones for saw sizes?
my 346XP has 15" in 325-5/8. 372XP has 24" 3/8-5/8 atmo thinking of getting the adaptor plate so can run stihl bars on it as my 044 is running 20" 3/8-0.63 and getting a 24" for that.
I wouldnt bother getting a 24 for the 44 unless absolutley essential. My 440 wasnt amazing on 25" much handier on a 20"
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My saws are 550 and 560s on 15inch bars, 576 on 20inch and 572 on 24inch and they all run well in any wood.

Cutting firewood I tend to just pick up whatever is closest but I would probably just have a 15inch on a 560 and 24 on one of the other two if I had to choose.

• Like 1

I am just an amateur, and probably tend to go for bars at the longer end of the range for the saw. The 346 is impressive with the narrow kerf bar and chain.

All husky.

346 15" 0.325 narrow kerf.

357 18" 3/8

371 20" 3/8

372 24" 3/8

385 28" 3/8

• Like 1