Covid-19

Baldbloke

23 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Exactly whats happening 

The only snag is they have assured us they wont allow the R to get above 1. How will they avoid that one? 

I'm not sure. It's likely to be our fault for not 'Staying Alert'.

If a significant percentage of the population already had the virus and recovered, or been asymptomatic, then the R value will not spike up. We'll find out what the true proliferation was when the antibody tests are widely available. Other countries with with more antibody testing suggest many more people were exposed (and are now immune) than was previously thought.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

If a significant percentage of the population already had the virus and recovered, or been asymptomatic, then the R value will not spike up. We'll find out what the true proliferation was when the antibody tests are widely available. Other countries with with more antibody testing suggest many more people were exposed (and are now immune) than was previously thought.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Yeah, the problem is the Chinese antibody test kits are unreliable. This set the whole thing back...but certified kits will supposably be available soon, to the public.

WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

The Government has bought 3.5 million finger-prick antibody tests...

8 hours ago, Stubby said:

I am 67 and don't ever remember having proper flu . Had some " man colds " and stuff but not proper flu . Do you think I may have had flu or even C19 and not realized ?  ( not taking the piss , genuine question ) 

stubby if you had proper flu you would know it,i had it once working off yarmouth,it was that bad i stopped smoking,   the flu lasted around 3 to 4 weeks,it was a bloody effort just to get up for a piss.    ps,started smoking again after a 3yr break,cigars when the daughter was born.  bugger.

Just now, struie said:

stubby if you had proper flu you would know it,i had it once working off yarmouth,it was that bad i stopped smoking,   the flu lasted around 3 to 4 weeks,it was a bloody effort just to get up for a piss.    ps,started smoking again after a 3yr break,cigars when the daughter was born.  bugger.

Yep , understood so why is it that some people ( as stated back a bit ) can test poz for c19 and not know they have it . Maybe the same can happen with flu ? They are  all Corona  type viruses along with the common cold   after all .

2 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Yep , understood so why is it that some people ( as stated back a bit ) can test poz for c19 and not know they have it . Maybe the same can happen with flu ? They are  all Corona  type viruses along with the common cold   after all .

Might be looking at this the wrong way 

WWW.NHS.UK

"Over three-quarters of flu infections contracted last year did not have any symptoms, researchers found," ITV News reports...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They keep talking about the second wave, this could quite possibly be the second wave already. I too was I’ll at Christmas, in fact the whole family were. The only people who escaped it were my parents who were both at mine for Christmas Day dinner. It came in waves for me, I was ill leading up to Christmas then felt ok(ish) on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, then Christmas Day evening it hit me and I was layed up on the couch for the next 2 weeks with all the Covid symptoms 

Could be covid, but not necessarily. We had a Christmas like that about 8 years ago, it was flu that time I guess.

36 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

Could be covid, but not necessarily. We had a Christmas like that about 8 years ago, it was flu that time I guess.

I know a couple of people who had covid like symptoms and their tests came back negative.
There are loads of things that can cause those symptoms.
Until there's testing for who've had it, we can't go much further forward.

8 hours ago, Mark J said:

I know a couple of people who had covid like symptoms and their tests came back negative.
There are loads of things that can cause those symptoms.
Until there's testing for who've had it, we can't go much further forward.

Father in law just gave us all a fright. High temp and feeling really grotty. We sent him a pulse oximeter as this went on for a few days. His blood oxygen was low so got them to call 111. Off for a Covid test that day. Came back negative but still not well. Called 111 again  and a nurse practitioner came out to him and reckoned it was a false negative and he probably did have the virus. Off to covid ward in hospital. Second test also came back negative. Turns out he had bacterial phenomena which is not nice but at least treatable.  Back home thankfully now after a hefty dose of antibiotics and on the mend. Convinced all of us that he had the dreaded. 

Really sorry to read about your mate who died Mark.

• Like 2