Covid-19

Ratman

1 hour ago, Mesterh said:

There does seem to be no doubt that track and trace is a farce, the contract should probably have gone to the NHS who already have track and trace systems in place like tracking and tracing STI'S etc but I obviously didnt word my comment correctly. Im interested in the comments of those that say this is all been blown out of proportion and the likes of lockdowns, distancing, masks, not visiting people, shutting pubs restaurants, closing the borders etc arent necessary and that we are being lied to and its all for some other agenda. What agenda, who is lying to us and why. 

How about distancing when needed masks when needed not meeting vulnerable people and then getting on with life using some common sense. Best of both worlds maybe?

• Like 2

55 but I’m in high risk category

BTW, I was asking Trigger if he had started building a shed with his milled wood

You need to start using the quote function. [emoji3] 

Ive not had a chance to start yet. Been doing work on the house this last time home. Lifted the Floor Boards in the living room to install insulation and seen the joists and and sole plate and had started to rot out so the Joists needed plated up at one end and the Plates all needed replaced. Added some DPM so hopefully should last the next 140 years. [emoji3] Huge difference with some 100mm Kingspan under there. Also milled 10t of Larch into Fencing and got that up. 

I'll need to start on the shed next time off though as Im (literally) getting snowed under in logs and need them milled up and drying under something other than tarp. 

IMG_0927.jpgIMG_0928.jpgc2a0f152-7623-4c0a-a1ed-003cf530e5bd.jpgIMG_1099.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Stere said:

I think dpm may make the joists rot faster as would trap/ condense moisture?

I see where you're coming from. My Brothers a Builder/manager in London and said its the way it should be done. There has to be air flow above and below the joists, which there is. The Kingspan is 1" below the floor boards and the DPM and the DPC is meant to be wrapped around the Joists and under the Sole Plates. There has been work done under there before and DPC was wrapped around the new joist under there. But obviously no DPM. Under the Joists and DPM there is air bricks at each end of the rooms and they are clear. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sime42 said:

You'll struggle to get a reasonable answer from either of that pair, The Chuckle Brothers, (without the chuckle!). You might get an answer, but it won't be to your questions and it'll more than likely be bellicose in nature.

Spoken like a true keyboard warrior. People have tried to give you there take and opinions on things but you disagree as is your right and, that’s fine. I think you will find in reality it’s the pro mask and lockdown advocates who tend to get worked up a bit more than the likes of myself whom disagree with lockdown  or any of the others whom share that view including the likes of Rob D and Big J who are attempting to run businesses  in the middle of all this. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mesterh said:

There does seem to be no doubt that track and trace is a farce, the contract should probably have gone to the NHS who already have track and trace systems in place like tracking and tracing STI'S etc but I obviously didnt word my comment correctly. Im interested in the comments of those that say this is all been blown out of proportion and the likes of lockdowns, distancing, masks, not visiting people, shutting pubs restaurants, closing the borders etc arent necessary and that we are being lied to and its all for some other agenda. What agenda, who is lying to us and why. 

Do you not think there is a conflict of interest when the very people who are advising and have a great deal of leverage when it comes to the measures we're having to live under are set to make a substantial amount of money from what they recommend? 

I don't think openly questioning this is within the realms of crazed conspiracy theories. 

I know I keep banging this drum but here in Norway we're not living under the same harsh measures and the infection and death raters are lower than the UK. How could this possibly be? The Norwegian Government has just announced that Winter Holidays are still on as long as they are taken within the country. That's trips to your cabin and also the very busy ski center's and of course masks are still not enforced unless on public transport. So when these people take their holiday to another part of Norway and take a flight they have to wear a mask for the hour or so they're on the flight. And I fully get that. But Norway is not grinding their country to their knee's. People still have a lot of freedom and on the most part businesses can continue to function. And again the infection rates are lower than the UK. 

So forgive me when I question SAGE and the measures that they are pushing the UK Government to implement and also question the apparent conflict of interest that may or may not be there. But I do believe that it should be questioned and not scoffed.  

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 6

You can't compare Norway to the UK, I would guess there are more people living in London than the whole of Norway.  Everyone is spread out.  The infection rate for the virus is going to be different here some houses have 8 to a house hold.

We are all doing what we can do to survive, keep our work going forward it's been hard. 

The government have reacted to slow and there pals have earnt a mint from it.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Ian Leach said:

You can't compare Norway to the UK, I would guess there are more people living in London than the whole of Norway.  Everyone is spread out.  The infection rate for the virus is going to be different here some houses have 8 to a house hold.

We are all doing what we can do to survive, keep our work going forward it's been hard. 

The point is many can’t work and have received zero assistance. You can’t compare London to Norway nor London to rural Aberdeenshire yet I live under the same if not worse (SNP) restrictions 

• Like 1

Just now, Ian Leach said:

You absolutely can compare the UK to Norway. How on earth does the virus know its in a packed store in Norway with no one wearing a mask and not a packed store in the UK that has enforced mask wearing? How does the virus know its in a packed Ski Centre in Norway and not in a packed Ski Centre in Scotland? 

We've been forced to wear masks in the UK for months in the UK and still not everywhere in Norway. There is still a large BAME (I hate that expression) in all the Cities here in Norway, so how does the Virus differentiate that its in Norway and not the UK. 

And no,  everyone is not 'spread out' the majority of the population is in the Cities and Towns. The vast Majority of Norway is a wilderness. 

By your reckoning of the UK Government reacting slowly you'd have to admit the Norwegian Governments reaction is a snails pace and still no where near that of the UK. 

When you have two countries side by side, with the same genetic make up and ethnicity you really do need to ask yourself why one managed just fine without breaking out the Jack-boots and the other feels the need for it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1