Covid-19

Ratman

I’ve repeatedly answered your questions but it seems nothing will give you what you consider a satisfactory answer. My thoughts align with that in the link and there is simply nothing further I can nor wish to add to that. 

Another member here is obsessed with the word dogmatic yet you seem to fit the bill rather well here. I’m sorry I can’t give you the answers that would leave you howling in faux-rage that you so clearly and desperately crave. 

This will be my final response to you on this matter. 
Are you sure? We'll miss your banter! [emoji26]

1 minute ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

All asylum seekers being kept in a hotel near Heathrow were given the jab in an apparent breach of...

You couldn’t make it up, makes me so happy to know my hard earned taxes go to worthwhile causes 🤮🤮

Just wait for the well known apologists here scrambling to come up with a reason why this is a great idea. 🧐🙄

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Just wait for the well known apologists here scrambling to come up with a reason why this is a great idea. 🧐🙄

On a slightly different angle based upon the price being charged for hard working individuals to come back to UK ie £1750 for ten days if you start and do the maths for the 320 in that hotel alone then the numbers very rapidly add up to millions. Pretty sure the undisclosed numbers of so called Asylum seekers making there way slowly through the system are many times more than that. Just paid my tax in Jan for 19-20 and whilst it literally wiped me out it wouldn’t even pay Abduls bill for 6 month 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Well, its no surprises that we hold polar opposite opinions on this subject as we do on every other. But you do make some compelling arguments and there is points I had not fully considered.

I do feel you've intentionally avoided  my points regarding the Teachers Unions though and of course both our POV are entirely empirical and we're at completely different ends of our island and in two different countries. 

I know full well the efforts involved in getting a state school educated child the same chances as privately educated ones. But this further exasperates and compounds  what I feel is unduly harsh restrictions. I guess its another small example of how the rich will continue to get richer and the poor poorer in this pandemic and jo public lap it up whilst the rich laugh their arses off at us fighting one another. 

Wow! 

I didn't comment on your points about the union's for no particular reason, but as you asked so nicely😉....

My wife and her colleagues have little or nothing to do with them as there is basically no union presence in her school and most of the schools in the local area. This is quite a common situation these days in smaller schools and the whole MAT/ academy thing sticks two fingers up to them anyway which is a bad thing with regards to working conditions etc in my opinion. 

I do know however that in November and January when everything else was being shut other than schools, everyone else being told to work from home, socially distance etc and my wife and her colleagues were being told to go into small classrooms packed with 30+ 16 year olds. The general feeling/ impression given was that their health and vulnerability was worth sacrificing for the child minding services they provide. That's not to say that they wanted to not be in school, more that their health etc was worth the sacrifice in the view of those making the rules. The teaching profession has a lot of martyrs who would sacrifice everything for their students. School managements know this, gov knows this so they can get away with a lot more than they should. You could argue that this was the right point for the union's to step in which is what they did. I'm sure that whether you like or believe in what's happening ( which I know you don't), it makes no sense to say that society has to socially distance other than schools and teachers as they're magically immuned to transmission. 

My wife and her colleagues want to get back in as soon as possible for the good of their students, particularly those in critical years, but from my point of view I hope they're offered the vaccine as a priority group before it's decided that they should stop the whole isolation ahead of other industries and the rest of society. 

1 minute ago, Youngstu said:

Wow! 

I didn't comment on your points about the union's for no particular reason, but as you asked so nicely😉....

My wife and her colleagues have little or nothing to do with them as there is basically no union presence in her school and most of the schools in the local area. This is quite a common situation these days in smaller schools and the whole MAT/ academy thing sticks two fingers up to them anyway which is a bad thing with regards to working conditions etc in my opinion. 

I do know however that in November and January when everything else was being shut other than schools, everyone else being told to work from home, socially distance etc and my wife and her colleagues were being told to go into small classrooms packed with 30+ 16 year olds. The general feeling/ impression given was that their health and vulnerability was worth sacrificing for the child minding services they provide. That's not to say that they wanted to not be in school, more that their health etc was worth the sacrifice in the view of those making the rules. The teaching profession has a lot of martyrs who would sacrifice everything for their students. School managements know this, gov knows this so they can get away with a lot more than they should. You could argue that this was the right point for the union's to step in which is what they did. I'm sure that whether you like or believe in what's happening ( which I know you don't), it makes no sense to say that society has to socially distance other than schools and teachers as they're magically immuned to transmission. 

My wife and her colleagues want to get back in as soon as possible for the good of their students, particularly those in critical years, but from my point of view I hope they're offered the vaccine as a priority group before it's decided that they should stop the whole isolation ahead of other industries and the rest of society. 

Numerous studies have shown that teachers are at no more risk of catching the virus than any other group. I do agree that in order to at least keep the unions happy and give confidence if required that teachers should be on the list to be vaccinated early. Far more justifiable than a total misappropriation of resources to  vaccinate what will in all reality be primarily young male illegal immigrants. 

• Like 2