Anyone wanna recommend a 230V Pressure washer?

difflock

A good question?

This an that, washing vehicles and a concrete yard mostly.

My 20 year old Nilfisk Gerni only works intermittently, which I find odd, as when cold it works as it should(in so far as I can discern) for say 10 to 15 minutes but then, while it continues to run, does not put up the right pressure, but can sometimes be "tricked" into doing so by releasing the trigger and restarting, all most odd.

And push come to shove, leave it to cool down, and away you go again, for a while.

I.e. the motor works, and the pump works, sometimes, but not consistently

But the last time the local Nilfisk agent fixed it, he basically said not to bring it back as parts were no longer available for the integeral motor-pump unit.

Cheers

mth

3 hours ago, difflock said:

I am only looking at 13l/min at 150Bar, and with a 240 litre wheelie bin and a hose, should be OK.

Or start drawing off from the 800m3 capacity crystal-clear pond!

Anyway, looks like a choice between the Loncin or the GX,

since the GP is probably built in the same factory as the Loncin!

P.S.

I was tickled to see the use of Chonda as in "the usual Chonda engine" to describe the multiple brands of Honda clone engines coming out of China.

Cheers all

mth

That's 2,200 psi (roughly) @ 13l/min, depends what you want the machine for, if it's for cleaning cars/vans/trucks it would be ok, if you intend cleaning your patio/driveway you'll be there for the rest of your life. Flow beats pressure hands down for most cleaning jobs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

That's 2,200 psi (roughly) @ 13l/min, depends what you want the machine for, if it's for cleaning cars/vans/trucks it would be ok, if you intend cleaning your patio/driveway you'll be there for the rest of your life. Flow beats pressure hands down for most cleaning jobs.

100%, and I alluded to this in my earlier post. However, marcus said 230v, and 13litres/min is simply the most you'll get from a motor running from a single phase supply. If you need bigger, you're looking at 13hp petrol models.

Don't be tempted by cheap 6.5hp petrol models promising a gazillion PSI. As Eggs says, flow is much more important.

For washing down machines, I use a petrol 'high head' type pump that pushes 100l/minute, running from an IBC. Brilliant for diggers caked in wet mud. It also has no pressure washer equal for washing down a muddy concrete yard- if you've ever used a dairy type washdown hose, it's comparable to that.

Horses for courses. I still have a 230v Cleanwell steam cleaner, and I'm tempted to get a 13hp petrol pressure washer.

Edited by doobin

12 minutes ago, doobin said:

100%, and I alluded to this in my earlier post. However, marcus said 230v, and 13litres/min is simply the most you'll get from a motor running from a single phase supply. If you need bigger, you're looking at 13hp petrol models.

Don't be tempted by cheap 6.5hp petrol models promising a gazillion PSI. As Eggs says, flow is much more important.

For washing down machines, I use a petrol 'high head' type pump that pushes 100l/minute, running from an IBC. Brilliant for diggers caked in wet mud. It also has no pressure washer equal for washing down a muddy concrete yard- if you've ever used a dairy type washdown hose, it's comparable to that.

Horses for courses. I still have a 230v Cleanwell steam cleaner, and I'm tempted to get a 13hp petrol pressure washer.

What sort of hose setup does your mega flow machine have? Sounds ace!

18 minutes ago, doobin said:

That high head you have is some machine 100l/min is 22 gallons/min, that's some flow.

3 hours ago, difflock said:

A good question?

This an that, washing vehicles and a concrete yard mostly.

My 20 year old Nilfisk Gerni only works intermittently, which I find odd, as when cold it works as it should(in so far as I can discern) for say 10 to 15 minutes but then, while it continues to run, does not put up the right pressure, but can sometimes be "tricked" into doing so by releasing the trigger and restarting, all most odd.

And push come to shove, leave it to cool down, and away you go again, for a while.

I.e. the motor works, and the pump works, sometimes, but not consistently

But the last time the local Nilfisk agent fixed it, he basically said not to bring it back as parts were no longer available for the integeral motor-pump unit.

Cheers

mth

I ask, because I have a big one (so they tell me), I use both a big diesel machine and a big electric Karcher which is also for steam cleaning/hot washing. Hot washing produces a  faster and better result with less water  and once something is cleaned with hot water it stays cleaner for longer, especially concrete and stone. When  washing with cold water on stone or concrete you are essentially pushing spores/dirt into the stone and concrete so the green grows back faster, whereas with a hot wash it does a better job at getting rid of it and it stays away longer. (There is a science behind this, but in laymans terms that is how it is). I am not a scientist. 

Saying that in terms of flow, the diesel machine is far more powerful and works much faster on big surfaces. Besides that if you don't want to fiddle about with too many cables, then diesel is easier. as others have said in this thread. 

In the past I have had nilfisk and a few other brands. I think it depends on your budget. 

2 hours ago, AJStrees said:

I ask, because I have a big one (so they tell me), I use both a big diesel machine and a big electric Karcher which is also for steam cleaning/hot washing. Hot washing produces a  faster and better result with less water  and once something is cleaned with hot water it stays cleaner for longer, especially concrete and stone. When  washing with cold water on stone or concrete you are essentially pushing spores/dirt into the stone and concrete so the green grows back faster, whereas with a hot wash it does a better job at getting rid of it and it stays away longer. (There is a science behind this, but in laymans terms that is how it is). I am not a scientist. 

Saying that in terms of flow, the diesel machine is far more powerful and works much faster on big surfaces. Besides that if you don't want to fiddle about with too many cables, then diesel is easier. as others have said in this thread. 

In the past I have had nilfisk and a few other brands. I think it depends on your budget. 

I bet a hot pressure washer would be a handy thing to have, must cut right through grease etc? Do they use much diesel for the heat?