Opico Skidster or sherpa mini loaders

swinny

And sitting down can be the problem drivers tend to get a sticky bum and stay in the seat when they should get out and clear or load by hand, also working in the rain or snow is far more comfortable standing up, the view of the tool is much better and they turn in there own length, with no loss of lift capacity on turning for small areas stand on skidsteer is the way to go, as for wheels or tracks 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dumper said:

And sitting down can be the problem drivers tend to get a sticky bum and stay in the seat when they should get out and clear or load by hand, also working in the rain or snow is far more comfortable standing up, the view of the tool is much better and they turn in there own length, with no loss of lift capacity on turning for small areas stand on skidsteer is the way to go, as for wheels or tracks 

Is it bollocks! :)
When you’re doing repeated cycles of moving stuff why would you WANT to stand up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Chopper-Gooders said:

how do you find the sherpa?

Only had an hour on it but liked it. Design dated admittedly but steel where it counts and easier to drive/handled the weight better than a cast for me. Both looked very well built

machines. Much less twitchy on the levers too with a full load, and a slightly higher tipping load. Both had parallel lift. 

I tried the yellow ‘small’ version rather than the red ‘Agri’. For an extra grand you get electric start and bigger pump

and wheel motors. It really did push, even on skinny tyres into a pile of crushed concrete. 

6 minutes ago, doobin said:

Only had an hour on it but liked it. Design dated admittedly but steel where it counts and easier to drive/handled the weight better than a cast for me. Both looked very well built

machines. Much less twitchy on the levers too with a full load, and a slightly higher tipping load. Both had parallel lift. 

I tried the yellow ‘small’ version rather than the red ‘Agri’. For an extra grand you get electric start and bigger pump

and wheel motors. It really did push, even on skinny tyres into a pile of crushed concrete. 

close to pulling the trigger on the 100 diesel, with a stump grinder and log grab and skinny tyres

12 minutes ago, Chopper-Gooders said:

close to pulling the trigger on the 100 diesel, with a stump grinder and log grab and skinny tyres

For me I didn’t need the extra flow rate of diesel and certainly didn’t want the extra width. Will be interested in how the stump grinder performs.

• 2 weeks later...

As of yesterday, I’ve now rolled both brands and both engine choices. The lovely little Honda only needed oil daubing out of the cylinder to stop it hydrolocking and then fired straight back up. Did the rest of the day and all today. Ne’er a grumble. The diesel one last year just worked after being left upright for an hour. Did lose more oil from that one. Real world consumer advice there.

• Haha 1